Insect repellent - Can anyone recommend??

busymum

Reaction score
Hi there

We're going to Cyprus next week and have been to Boots today to buy some insect repellent but the pharmacist wouldn't sell me any! He said that they are not safe to use when pregnant (I'm 13 wks).

Has anyone used any that are safe or got any other safe alternative ways of trying to avoid the dreaded mossie bites while we're away?

Thanks
Kath

Hi, i went to Thailand when i was 20weeks and researched into this. Any repellent containing DEET is a big no no, i used boots brand childrens formula repellent and for a natural remedy use a citronella oil spray. Have a great holiday! x

citronella works really well for me, so does lavender oil. i think you can also get little electronic things that emit a sound that drives them off (humans can't hear it), maybe that would be good?

Ditto with the citronella you can also find it in some moisturizers. x

Neals yard remedies do a good citronella spray https://shop.nealsyardremedies.com/product/1872/Citronella_Formula. It doesn't say not safe to use during pregnancy - but you may want to check...

I use bert's bees hand salve. It contains a lot of natural insect repellents: beeswax, rosemary, lavander, and eucalyptus, and it's good for your skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->