Insurance

Daria87

OH,4 furbabies,and myself
Reaction score
Not sure if this is where this post should go. Anyway, my FH and I have started talking about having a baby and I've been looking around for some maternity insurance. So I was wondering who of you ladies out there have insurance and who don't have insurance and possibly an estimate of how much the hospital stay cost.

Are you in the us?
We pay about 100 dollars for our insurance, which covers maternity.
I believe we were quoted about 2000 dollars for an uncomplicated vaginal birth with 3 doctors visits. We only got our insurance at last minute as moved to usa when I was 30 weeks gone, so prob a bit more for earlier sonograms etc.
I ended up with a c section, which is more expensive, with hospital stays etc your looking at 7000 minimum without insurance.

I dont know if this is much help but feel free to ask if you have any other questions:flower:

Thanks :) I just got off the phone with Blue Cross and they quoted me at $118.92 a month and so far,that's the best deal that I've come across and that covers 4 doctor visits and the hospital stay.It only requires a $10 copay as well.Since my OH is the only one working right now, and since I don't really spend anything,I really think I can afford it. :)

Ok I see, can you maybe get insurance through your OHs work? Thats how we get ours, its a HMO, covers anything with a $25 copay.:hugs:
Whereabouts in the US are you?:hugs:

I'm in Pennsylvania. Insurance through OH's work would be pretty difficult considering that he doesn't even have insurance through work. Long story short,he works for his dad and the company is still trying to get bigger and no one knows what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->