Intensive Driving Course Good/Bad?

~KACI~

Reaction score
Thinking about doing one.

Have you done one or someone you know??
Thoughts?

Thanks x

I personally felt like I needed experience over a longer period of time x

i took one, It cost £600 and was done over a week, Was 31 hours in total. passed the next weekend first time. Im not to sure what more you could gain only doing 1 or 2 hours a week rather than all at once, I personally feel i gained a lot more experience driving for 5 hours a day including some night outings. Guess it depends what works for you, are you a quick learner or do you prefer to wait in between lessons and mull over what you have done that lesson? x x

I thought really hard about it but went against the idea, Instead I did say 3 or 4 hours a week and got through my lessons very quickly :)

I'm doing 3 hours a week, that's enough for my tiny brain :rofl:

I feel that one hour a week isn't enough, and drags it out for ages..... but intensive courses don't usually promise a pass... (i mean that's not realistic lol ) and they are very expensive!

The good thing about 2 hours a week is that you get to vary situations and times of day, also if you learn over 6mths you get a good chance of experiencing sun glare or bad weather etc. I felt like I got to cover a more variety of roads by doing it once a week but that's just what suited me best. I also built up a good relationship of trust with my instructor and he still does help me out if I ever need to ask anything and I know he always will. I passed my test feeling confident about driving and that I could cope with most situations that would face me. x

I asked a driving instructor about this at one point, and he said that intensive courses are most appropriate for someone who has started to learn, can do basics, and wants to get on and blitz it and pass. Rather than someone who has not started learning at all.

It's all down to how you learn though. What's right for one is not necessarily right for all :flower:

GL x

I did 26 hours over 24 weeks and passed first time

my OH did an intensive course it was 20 hours and he started on the tuesday and passed the friday morning :)

i not sure if i could have done the intensive but it worked for OH :)

i did my lessons in 2 or 3 hrs a week because i wanted to learn to drive in different weather conditions etc.. i started in January & passed on 30th June... bloody hell 3 years ago!!

anyway, that meant i drove in all that snow/ice we had & the morning/evening sunny glare etc.. xx

I did one, for me it was the best thing- I was a passenger in a big car crash a few years before and stopped learning to drive and lost all of my confidence. For me the intensive course was good as it meant if anything happened- like a near miss or something i couldnt just go home and not go for lessons anymore. It was very hard sometimes physically and mentally and the instructor i had was so strict but he had to be in order to get me ready.
x

If I had the money I would. I did 31 hours over 12 weeks, and passed first time :D

Some weeks I did 2 hours, others I did 4.
Im a quick learner though, my little sister starts driving next month. and shes also going to try and do 4 + hours a week so she can get passed quickly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->