Interesting read for anyone feeling bad for not bf

Misskitty10

Reaction score
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/m...Breastfeeding-wars-is-breast-really-best.html

That sounds pretty much like my experience. It was horrendous, soul destroying and almost madness inducing.

The midwives I encountered were nothing short of bullies. I was so traumatised by the experience that I'm honestly not sure I'm going to even bother with this my second and last child.

I would love to breastfeed but it's been ruined for me to such an extent that I cry whenever the subject is brought up. I don't believe it's worth my tears yet again.

Interesting read!

Redhead, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience. : ( With out oldest, I attempted to breastfeed, and I hated every second of it. Looking back, I was uncomfortable with it from the beginning, and only tried because I felt I had to. No one was ever mean or rude about it, but my mom breastfed, both of my sisters did, and my husband asked me to. (DH's opinion is really the only one that made me give it a shot, though.) Anyway, after suffering through just 5 weeks, I gave up. COULD I have eventually been successful with it? Probably. But when I finally gave up and went to exclusively FF--it was such a tremendous weight off my shoulders that I never looked back.

With DS #2, from my first appointment, I very clearly said that I would be formula feeding--and I was shocked at how supportive my doctor and nurses were. When I got close to my due date, the nurse practitioner loaded me up with coupons and mail in cards for free formula samples, and when I left the hospital with him, I was sent with almost $200 worth of free pre-made bottles. It was wonderful!!

Both of my boys are happy, healthy, fed, and loved. That's what's important. Whatever you decide, Redhead, you're going to love that little one so much, and the method of feeding him/her isn't going to matter two bits. Do what's right for you!

I had a bilateral mastectomy before getting pregnant, so I'm really angry by the "breast is best" BS that got shoved down my throat. I was given NO support or information on how to select bottles or formula, and I was advised by my midwives to use milk sharing without any information about how to do so safely (untreated breastmilk can spread HIV and many diseases).

I love this and wish I had this 3 years ago when I almost drove myself to the nut house trying to breastfeed my first. By my second I brought formula to the hospital and fed her happily.
I love the points about technology making our lives better where nature fails.
Both my girls were concieved with the help of fertility drugs and treatments, so the argument about what do women in small villages in the middle of nowhere do (with no access to formula) I always think well that wouldn't be me anyway I needed science to even have these kids to have this conversation why should I balk at science now.

We need to start lifting each other up instead of passing judgement

Thanks for sharing the article. My son did not eat anything for 1.5 days after birth and lost so much of body weight and cried and cried.I was feeling guilty for not being able to bfeed. But then I accepted the fact that I don't produce enough for my DS and formula was the best option for him and I am not going to drive myself crazy thinking about it.He is gaining weight now. And I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->