Intermittent Fasting

Twag

Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3
Reaction score
Has one done this or doing this type of "diet"?

I am stuck on 10lbs that will just not shift so I have been looking into intermittent fasting and it sounds doable :shrug:

I am thinking of doing a 15:9 so 15 hours fasting and 9 hours not so I would not fast between 12-9 pm and do this Monday to Friday :thumbup:

Hi, I've not heard of the version you are looking to try. I know a few people who do a 5/2 version - eat a balanced 1800/2000 calorie diet for 5 days then have 2 days of only 500 calories. A couple of them swear by it and plan to stick with it for life, a third has been really rubbish at it and couldn't work out why it doesn't work for her - but I'm pretty sure she was eating about 3000 calories on her non fasting days!

The version I am trying is based on the 16:8 but I figured I would work up to that!

I would not be able to function with a full time job and 2 young children on 500 calories a day :wacko:

It sounds interesting. I did the 5/2 briefly a while back, I actually found it easier on the days I was working to do the 500, much easier to keep an eye on how much I was eating when I wasn't in the house. I suppose on the 16/8 or whatever version you choose you still need to keep an eye on the amount you eat and portion sizes. Good luck.

Lots and lots of people do IF, 16:8 is really popular. I don't personally do it, but I can see how it is easily done. If I had more weight to lose I might try it.

For example, I had a medical appointment they wanted me to fast for at 10:30 am. So I didn't eat, until noon really. That day I had a really hard time meeting my calorie goals (I track my food), despite eating a full lunch, dinner, and snacks. Once I passed the "habit" eating time for breakfast, I didn't really struggle or feel hungry at all. I think it would be doable long term.

I have been doing it for a week now so nothing from 9pm until 12/1pm the following day and I have not lost a single pound :dohh: tbh it is easy enough I am hungry but it isn't unbearable :shrug:

WTH I have been stuck at 10st 10lbs for months now and it is driving me insane I just want to lose this 10 pounds but it isn't shifting :cry:

I feel your pain :hugs: ](*,) I’ve been on a mission to lose weight since the new year, mainly through cutting out the crap, eating healthier and cutting calories. It all went so well and I lost about 17lbs until about a month ago when I’ve been on a plateau :dohh:

I’m the same, got another 10lbs I want to lose, have so far tried intermittent fasting, boom bod (waste of money!), exercising more, drinking loads of water, lower calories/higher calories and nothing :lol:

It’s hard to stay committed but I’m just carrying on and hoping that slowly but surely it will come off :thumbup:

xx

I have been doing it for a week now so nothing from 9pm until 12/1pm the following day and I have not lost a single pound :dohh: tbh it is easy enough I am hungry but it isn't unbearable :shrug:

WTH I have been stuck at 10st 10lbs for months now and it is driving me insane I just want to lose this 10 pounds but it isn't shifting :cry:

First, 1 week is not enough data to establish it isn't working, you need 3+ weeks of consistent data. Especially women, who have more hormone fluctuations. You may be doing fine :D

Second, are you actually eating fewer calories because you are eating in a smaller window, or eating the same amount/more than usual at a meal because you are super hungry from waiting?

I'm trying this, I find it easy to just drink coffee until lunch. Yesterday though I struggled to get all my calories in (I track on MFP), however my macros were significantly better. I had tons of carbs left and still met my protein goals, which is unusual.

I lost 1 pound :happydance: I know it isn't much but considering I have been stuck at 10st 10 for months now to see 10st 9 made me happy :haha:

So I am doing good I have black coffee in the morning which helps :thumbup:

So food wise I don't eat anything extra that I am not normally eating I am just not having breakfast :shrug:

So for example today's food intake is:

Vegatable Laksa Rice Noodles lunch
Yogurt - lunch
grapes (handful) - snack
apple - snack
banana - snack

dinner will be:
chicken & tomatoe based sauce with GF pasta

Hey! Intermittent fasting is a popular eating pattern that many people have tried and found beneficial for various reasons. For those looking to support their intermittent fasting journey with supplements or vitamins, you can explore a variety of options at Canadian Pharmacy. I tried this diet once and I personally did not like it very much, but I will probably try it again

Last edited:
I love this diet. However, only 9 hours of fasting? Your body might not have time enough to kick into gear and burn fat with only 9 hours. Now I'm not telling you how to live your life, it's your life, but the best way I've found is 1 whole day of fasting then a day of eating. On the day that you eat, you don't go crazy and eat all the calories you would in 2 days, you still have to maintain a healthy diet and don't go overboard on the days you're not fasting. That along with walks and sweating, it'll help get those toxins out of your body as well.

If you're serious about dieting, then you need to put in serious work to do it. It's not a cake walk, and takes tons of perseverance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->