internal scan/full bladder? or do u think I heard wrong?

tinkerbellita

Reaction score
I have an early scan tmo (6+3) n when I booked my appt they told me to have full bladder n I asked is it an internal scan n they said yes. But since looking online an internal is normally done on empty bladder. But then I remember when I had my ovaries checked ages ago it was internal n full bladder. I'm confused!
I'm in Australia n it's all new as I was in uk when I had my son.

With DD I had an empty bladder for both of the transvaginal ultrasounds I had with her early on.

Go in with a full bladder, and you can always ask the tech before the scan if it needs to be full or not... you can always run to the bathroom if they say empty. :)

Good luck with the scan!

Hi I had an early scan today I'm 6 weeks and they told me to go with a full bladder they tried to scan my belly but couldn't see properly so told me to go toilet and then they did an internal xx

If they are doing an external u/s it's a full bladder as the waves travel better through fluid, internal I've always been told to empty my bladder before going into the exam room.

Go with a full bladder! Better to have a full bladder and not need it then the other way around. :)

Go with a full bladder they may want to try abdominal but will get you to empty your bladder if they do a transvaginal I've had 2 now and had to do this both times xx

I had an US scheduled around the same weeks as you and was told a full bladder too. When I got in the room the tech said that she was going to do an internal since I was so early and to go empty it. I would go full just in case.

When I had planned early scans they always asked for a full bladder so they had the option of trying abdominal. I have also had gyns make comments about empty bladders making things harder see even transvag, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

And agreed, just let the tech know you have to go potty before they try transvag. I did that once since I was bursting and they were running 40 minutes late!!! So as soon as she was done with the tummy, she was like go go go and I ran to the bathroom haha

For me generally they will do a little poke around on my tummy 1st. If they can't see much, get you up and empty bladder then do an internal. But at 6 weeks id think it would automatically be internal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->