Interviewing during 2nd or 3rd trimester

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I've recently applied to two schools for fall, but I know I'm not going to get in. My past academic history leaves me looking like an idiot (from 8 - 10 years ago). Even though I excelled during the 1.5 semesters I was in school last fall and the beginning of this year and received excellent grades in the 3 pre-reqs I took over the last few months, the programs are competitive and I know in my heart I don't stand a chance.

I stupidly quit my job for school and then picked the wrong school to attend (accreditation issues) and ended up with a surprise pregnancy (even though I'm over the moon and already so in love with our little boy).

So we're on one income. My back up plan had me getting a certification shortly after LO is born (so I have enough time to bond with him and for him to be old enough to attend daycare and for me to heal - especially if I have a rcs). Getting the certification I was considering wouldn't take long and could work part time while I attended school part time improving my GPA and taking classes that would transfer which would in turn make me a better candidate in a couple of years.

DH has rejected all of my back up plan options and as we're only one income, we can't really wait for me to just sit on my back side until LO is born (if I'm not going to be attending school).

Which leaves me with my only option of looking for a job. Being this far along, I think as soon as I walked into the room, my pregnancy would be obvious, so I feel I would have to disclose it during the interview (provided I can get one) rather than at the time of offer (if I ever got one).

Since we'd be essentially having a newborn right at the start of school, I knew I wouldn't be getting a traditional maternity leave. It'd be pretty much have baby and get back to class (though with a rcs - trying for vbac - I may need a week or two to heal before I can get back into the swing of things).

We have a good family support system that would help us until he could go to daycare - daycare is even willing to help and accommodate us some within reason. So if it came down to me missing 2 weeks of work and going back, I would if that would be acceptable for them. Is this something that would be a good thing to mention?

Anyone have success at getting a job late in pregnancy?

Sorry I don't have any advice, but I am sort of in the same boat as you! I finish school in August, and will be job hunting at 5 months pregnant. I am in Canada and need to work for 15 weeks to qualify for maternity leave, so I need to get hired pretty much ASAP to work long enough before the baby is born at the beginning of December. We have some money saved to help for about 6 months after the baby is born in case I don't get a maternity leave, but we don't have enough to get us through to December when the baby is born, so if I don't get hired in my new field of work I'll have to find something at a coffee shop or pretty much anywhere that will take me!

Sounds really stressful! I hope you're able to get something right after graduation. I wish job searching and interviewing were so difficult with pregnancy.

Fortunately, I found out today I got accepted into my second choice school (haven't heard from my first choice yet), so thankfully it won't be an issue now. No, now it just brings on a whole different set lol

I really hope it goes smoothly for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->