Interviews with Mums (The Use of Pregnancy and Parenting Apps)

gareththomas

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Gareth and I'm a sociology researcher at Cardiff University. I am conducting a study on women's use of digital media (Android and Apple apps, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, forums, etc.) during pregnancy and/or parenting. Examples of apps used during a pregnancy, for example, include those which allow women to obtain weekly updates of baby growth, track maternal weight and symptoms, share and compare experiences and concerns with other pregnant women, predict the date of birth, listen to a foetal heartbeat, and access baby development images developed by healthcare practitioners.

If you agree to take part, you will be asked to participate in an interview which will last approximately 30 minutes and can be done face-to-face, on the telephone, or online via instant messaging programmes (Facebook, Skype, etc.). You will be asked to comment on a number of issues including what apps and other online media you've used, why this is, and what you feel are the most and least trustworthy sources of information for pregnancy and/or parenting. You may fill in a questionnaire instead if you'd prefer this over an interview.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you :thumbup:.

Thanks,
Gareth
[email protected]

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/view/52078-
https://www.facebook.com/gareththomasresearch

Hi everyone! :wave:

I hope you all had a great Christmas and enjoyed celebrating the New Year! I'm still looking for participants for this project. Anyone who has used Android/Apple apps for pregnancy or early parenthood can participate. It would be a huge help to me and would only take about 30 minutes of your time. If an interview is not possible, perhaps I can send some questions via email for you to complete in your own time? Either way, I hope you choose to take part and if so, you can contact me via email, telephone, or Facebook using the details above.

Thanks! O:)
Gareth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hds13
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->