Intolerance to squash?

kmac625

Mom to baby Clara
Reaction score
I've noticed that Clara seems to spit up more after eating squash. It's still not tons of spit up, but more than usual. She's been eating it for a few weeks now, but as she was teething at the same time I didn't think it was because of the squash as she was spitting up more than usual anyhow from the teething. Is this an intolerance do you think? She isn't upset when she spits up, she just keeps on with whatever she's doing. Besides the mess it makes (orange spitup stains that I have to soak out of her clothes) is it anything I should worry about? She really loves to eat squash, so I don't want to stop giving to her if it's not an intolerance just because it's more cleanup for me.

Hi hun, Omar was suffering from reflux, he used to spit up everytime he eats squash (I introduced it at 7 months). The orange spit is normal at this age as they dont fully digest their food. Intolerance involves lots of vommitng, a rash or some allergic reaction. You can hold on offering her squash for the time being & try to offer it again when she's older as it seems her tummy is not digesting it well.

Thanks nmwb78. I didn't really think it was, but since she doesn't spit up any of the other foods she eats (carrots, peas, green beans etc) I wasn't sure. She's outgrown a milk protein intolerance (blood and mucous in her poo) and this isn't happening now so I guess you're right, she just isn't digesting the squash very well. I suppose I'll stop giving it to her for a little while and try again in a month maybe and see if it's any better. Too bad cuz she really loves eating her squash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->