Intro/WTT/am I maybe pregnant?!

Kaitlyngraham

Reaction score
Hi guys !!! This is my first post... I hope it's in the right area! My husband and I recently got married (March 12) and whilst we are not actively trying for a baby at the moment, we are not using any contraception under than pulling out (sorry for TMI!!!) but if we ended up pregnant we wouldnt mind at all! my last period ended on March 27, but I can never remember how long my cycle is.... Right now
I'm feeling very very odd (sore breasts, like even if I walk without a bra on!, VERY VERY queasy since 2am last night, exhausted but also can't sleep, very put off my food, mouth very dry, headachey, crampy but different to period cramps, a little gassy :blush: , sore lower back, achey limbs, plus just generally feeling off) is it possible to have symptoms like this at this time? I don't normally have queesyness or breasts that feel like this before a period, or any of these symptoms really!!!!!

Look forward to future chats with others in a similar situation :)

Assuming your period is roughly 5-7 days and you have a regular cycle of around 28 days then you should get an accurate result from a pregnancy test now if you are pregnant.
Good luck!
If you aren't when are you and your husband thinking about starting to try properly?

Eeek okay!!!! I'll pop to the shop tomorrow... I am in my last year of Uni and he has had a career change and is studying to become a teacher, so we *plan* to start properly when we have both finished studying but both have discussed what we would do if it happened earlier and said we wouldn't mind one bit! I am 23 too, so I'm not in a huge rush, but like I said wouldn't mind at all if it happened !! Almost excited at the prospect!

I would expect that you would get an accurate reading on a pregnancy test now if you took one, so I definitely would. It's better to know than not know. To give you an idea though, from about a week before my period was due, I felt really funny in a way I definitely never had before. I felt hungover at first, mostly just really tired and with a headache, that was for maybe 2-3 days and then my boobs got very sore, in a very different way than they every had. I remember literally not being able to stand under the shower because the water on me was so painful. And then the next morning, I woke up feeling really nauseous. We were supposed to meet friends for food and drinks at a food festival that afternoon and we got there and literally had to turn back around because I felt like I was going to vomit. I didn't, but I spent the rest of the day lying on the sofa feeling pretty awful. I took a test the next morning and it was very clearly positive. I didn't have the dry mouth or body aches, but the rest of it is exactly how I felt. I would take a test, so you know for sure. That said, if you aren't planning to be pregnant now (and you turn out to not be), I would definitely make sure you're doing something to prevent it unless it's something you definitely want right now. I wouldn't trust pulling out.

Oooh okay!! Timing and symptoms match up! The hungover thing is exactly how I feel!!!and I've spent the day lying in bed until I had to go to work at 4, I hadn't eaten all day but managed a cheese toasted sandwhich! I know it's not an accurate method but we are fully comfortable with falling pregnant if we do, we just haven't actively decided "we are going to try for a baby right now" basically if it happens it happens (yay!) and if it hasn't in a year or so we will get more serious and will start tracking cycles etc! For now we are just having fun and seeing what happens :)

I would describe my pregnancy as having felt really hungover to start with as well! I was 22 and in my final year of uni as well strangely enough

Oh how similar !!!! How did you find being pregnant at uni? My course is pretty intense but also I'm getting good marks with limited effort which I'm so far pleased with !!

Oh how similar !!!! How did you find being pregnant at uni? My course is pretty intense but also I'm getting good marks with limited effort which I'm so far pleased with !!

It was hard work, I was the same was doing well without having to work too hard for it but it was hard whilst pregnant because my main symptom was being exhausted so I did a lot of working right up until a deadline from my bed. It didn't help that I worked 4 night shifts a week as well, but I learnt to make sure I utilised days when I had energy to get loads done. I finished uni about 2 months before having my son so I had a little while to rest and relax before he arrived which was nice.

I was also in a postgraduate program when we got pregnant with our first. I would say being a student and pregnant is easy. You might just need to go to bed early. For most of first tri, I was in bed by about 7/8pm because I was so tired. But that's the easy bit. Finishing a degree once you have a baby is the hard bit. You don't have much time or energy and childcare obviously is so expensive. If you can manage to finish up your course before you give birth (whether you're pregnant now or end up waiting), do it. You'll be so thankful you did and then you'll have time to really enjoy your baby. Good luck! Hope you get the news you'd like to have either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->