Introducing Ava Lysia

Wow, what a beautiful little lady!!!
Sorry your birth didn't go the way you wanted hun, but the outcome is fantastic, she really is gorgeous.

Good luck with getting your milk going, i know its easy for me to say but dont feel bad, it's not your fault :flower:

Well done xxxxx

Sounds like we had a really simular labour story! I also had an epidural and spinal block, I also had to go into theatre and have an emergency c-section because her head was in the wrong position and got stuck and her heartrate started to decelerate.. how's your scar? mine has got infected and im struggling to heal!

That sounds exactly like my story Hun :(

My scar seems ok but i am looking out for infection -'it's a bit red and puffy ATM so keep checking it I've had a post surgery infection before and it's not nice. Hope you feel better soon x

Congrats Ness, Ava is absolutely beautiful! I hope I am as brave as you xx

thank you hun - you just get on with it to be honest you'll be surprised at your strength :flower:

Hi Ness, just seen your birth story. Ava is gorgeous huge congratulations! I ended up in emergency c-sec after 40 hours so know how you feel, I ended up passing out with all the drugs so didnt even see her be born! I hope u r ok and that things get easier soon :hugs:

shes so beautiful, so glad your okay! must have been horrifying...but what great end results...

Aw thank you everyone! She was totally worth any pain :)

we're still getting to know what makes each other tick but we're getting there! My milk is in but she wont have it from my breast think I'm gonna have to try and just bf for a day and latch her on whenever possible!

Have you tried a nipple shield? She might latch on longer with one, as they are similar to the bottle nipple. Also a herbal supplement called Fenugreek helps increase milk supply.

Aw thank you everyone! She was totally worth any pain :)

we're still getting to know what makes each other tick but we're getting there! My milk is in but she wont have it from my breast think I'm gonna have to try and just bf for a day and latch her on whenever possible!

She will get the hang of it :thumbup: she might be a little confused with nipple and bottle but its not the end it can be over come and you seem determined so bet soon you will be saying how much better it is :happydance: you go girls :flower:

congrats hun, she's really lovely, as the other ladies have said you have been through a tough labour and shouldn't feel bad at all, you should feel very proud that your trying your hardest to bf I'm sure it will get easier with tike :flower:

Well done Ness, you had a really really rough ride there and theres no shame at all with the breastfeeding, its more important that you can see she has been well fed, if thats with formula then thats fine. I too had a section and breastfeeding failed miserably for me as well. My nipples were in agony, he wasnt gaining weight properly and I was so frustrated and upset with it. In the end I realised that there was a bigger a picture, a sane mummy and a fed baby, how you get there isnt as important.

Hope it sorts itself soon either way honey x

thanks Helly :hugs: I know you're right I'm so focussed on the birth and the nt being able to bf that I'm worried I'll miss out and shes so perfect and putting on weight despite her tummy aches which make me feel guilty :(

I keep trying to latch her on but she just cries I have some Medela nipple shields so will give that a go too though there isnt enough milk to give her a feed so will look into fenugreek!

I'm now on antibiotics cos my scar is infected....never rains but it pours hey?!

I'm so grateful for my beautiful baby girl though shes amazing and changes everyday!

ah bless!! look at her in that profile pic.....a lil pud!! just goregeous!!!!!

congratulations huni, i hope ur milk comes in asap! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->