Introducing Ava Lysia

Aww congratualtions Nessicle, she really is gorgeous :flower:

Sorry to hear about the problems, I think they don't seem to tell people that blood loss affects the milk supply and let people struggle on, don't feel a failure at all :hugs: I think it's good you're still trying but as another member said, so long as you are both happy that is the main thing :flower:

heeeeeey honeybunches! I've just seen this after you posted in third tri!

aww honey she is gorgeous! And I am so sorry you had a traumatic birth and troubles after, but you've done a fabulous job! just look at that smile in your avi!

I really could just eat her right up!

:hugs:

thank you mush shes a right chubby chops :) xx

I didnt know blood loss affected your milk kte they really should tell you, I had to have a bloomin transfusion :( xx

It was a passing comment from a MW just before they discharged me from the hosptial ward, a bit too late! I was like you, tried really hard but then was really sore and it made things much harder. I really don't understand why they don't say something sooner :flower:

I know instead of making you feel like crap just explain stuff to us! I wish the consultant had come to see me the day after to explain what had happend, no one told me anything x

bless you what an experience! she is beautful though, dont be too hard on yourself x

Congratulatiosn hun she's gorgeous, sorry you had such a traumatic time of it. xx

Congrats Ness! she is adorable!

Crikey Ness what a story but sounds like you were very brave and very strong.
Little Ava is gorgeous. Well done you!
Hope you are all doing well now.

Lumpy xx

thank you for all the lovely comments xx

Lumpy thanks honey yeah it was pretty awful but we came through it :)

I'm starting to accept the birth and the fact I cant breastfeed - Ava weighs 9lb 12oz now so shes doing brilliantly and is a pretty contented baby xx

wow wat a great weight she is now!!!
im getng a 3d scan tomorrow wuhoo!!! will post u a pic of it hun :)
can u believe ive only 12 weeks left........cant wait!!!!

congratulations hun,
My milk didnt come in for nearly 2 weeks, In that time i had to express every 1hr and a half, as well as give her EBM in a cup, we wre in hosp so she got her formula through as tube.
It worked and i now have over supply! PM me if you want to chat :thumbup:

Your LO is gorgeous!

ur little girl is gorgeous
sounds like you had a hard birth :(
xx

congratulations hun,
My milk didnt come in for nearly 2 weeks, In that time i had to express every 1hr and a half, as well as give her EBM in a cup, we wre in hosp so she got her formula through as tube.
It worked and i now have over supply! PM me if you want to chat :thumbup:

Your LO is gorgeous!

thanks honey :flower:

Shes 3 weeks tomorrow and screams if I try to latch her on she just doesnt know what to do :( there's about 3 drops there even when I tried to express there was less than a teaspoon from both breasts together. Theres just no point now shes thriving and happy on formula and it would only stress us both out by battling on with the breastfeeding. I'm very disappointed and feel like my body has failed me but then it did grow me my gorgeous baby girl puttin it in to perspective :) xx

Hi Nessicle! Am gonna stalk you now! Ava is totally gorgeous!! I totally understand what you mean about feeling like a failure. I had to have an emergancy c-section and didn't get to watch my baby being born. As she was so small she wouldn't latch on. I did manage to express for a bit though - once my milk came in I had enough milk for all the babies in England it seemed! But after a few weeks my milk steadily ran low and I had to tpp her up with formula. She's now fully on formula though as my milk completely ran out when she was 7 weeks old. It's taken me until now to understand that it wasn't my fault she couldn't latch on - premature babies tend to find it harder to feed. But I've felt sooooo bad for ages.
I hope you and Ava are well? pinky xx

Erikah is beautiful xxx

Thanks honey! We're really good thank you! Ava has grown out of colic thankfully and she's such an amazingly happy, content baby seriously couldnt ask for a better little girl :D

She's 12 weeks today yikes! Where has the time gone!

Yeah the breastfeeding issue and the section etc was a real struggle horrible isnt it? Its nice to know I'm not alone though it really helped to talk it through. I dont know why I punished myself so much for not being able to breastfeed cos she's thriving on formula!

How are you both doing? Are you on Facebook? If so and you want to be friends PM me your full name :D if not dont worry hun not everyone likes to add people they dont know in real life :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->