introducing formula to bf baby, advice please

Pink Sarah

Reaction score
Hi I am in the UK lo has been ebf for 6 months and i have recently started to introduce cow and gate formula by one bottle a day, since doing this lo has been screaming during the night and arching his back like he is in pain he previously slept through or woke once for a feed. Do you think this could be linked to the formula? Is there a formula which would be easier on his tummy? Which formula do you find is the best?
Lo has suffered from reflux from day one and has gaviscon each feed to help with this.
Thank you

Is this the first time your baby has taken a bottle? It could be extra gas, since the flow of a bottle nipple is faster than a human one. How much does he take in the bottle? How often is he burped?

He has previously had expressed milk in a bottle which he was ok with. I just tend to wind him at the end of he feed. I will try doing it in the middle as well.
I stopped the formula and he has been back to normal so might try a bottle today and see how he gets on. I might try a dif teat size as well he on number 2 at the min.

Any particular reason to swap? Just wanted to say that you can just keep on with the breastfeeding if you want to, and it works for both of you :)

Thank you it's for when I go back to work in August just wanted to make gradual changes because he is such a mummy's boy I think he may struggle with childcare. I have been giving one bottle of aptimil on an evening and he has been fine with that so maybe he just isn't a cow & gate fan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->