introducing formula

mickey

Reaction score
as I hear that it can be also really difficult to get them off the breast, and as Juleika is a baby who would love to be on the breast 24/7, I am thinking 'bout introducing formula for one feed per day, as I am getting worried that she will not take any formula later on and I am ending up stucked with breastfeeding forever!

did you/do you never felt stucked/feel stuck with the baby as of breastfeeding, as nobody else can feed them?

would be great to have your opinions, guys :hi:

thx

Oh, gosh yes! With my first two, I definitely felt it. They were reliant on me and I could hardly get anything accomplished. LOL

And another thing, hubby felt left out for those first months. I feel bad about that too.

I am certainly going to try and do things differently with this baby so that I can have a break and so hubby enjoys the first months of baby's life too.

It is tough to wean them off of the breast. I had two of the most stubborn babies.

It took a month or so before my daughter took to the bottle. I tried many types of bottles and nipples and formula. Even then, when she wanted a nap or to go to bed for the night, she resorted to breastfeeding at those times until she was 1.

My son was born when my daughter was 18 months old. I was so tired from dealing with two young ones, my son was a nightowl, and I was helping run my hubby's businesses. I should have put more effort into weaning him a whole bunch sooner as I breastfed him for quite awhile, and I won't even mention how long. After awhile, it was that he wanted the breast for naps or bedtime. But he was and still is more stubborn than my daughter.

How old is your baby?

she is going to be 3 month on monday

She is at a stage where formula and bottle feeding can be introduced.

Sometimes it can be quick and painless, and other times you try everything to get your baby on the bottle and it could take awhile :)

It won't hurt to start now.

thx 4 your reply leeanne :hi:

we tried a bottle already and she would not take it, so I thought I give it to her in a beaker as from there she would take liquid.

or is it not good to give it to her in a beaker?

You know, I am really not sure of using a beaker as I've never tried that and I don't know if it is a good or bad thing.

I've heard some people try to spoon the formula into the baby. Perhaps that is where you should start if baby doesn't want to take the bottle.

Breast milk and formula are different tastes and your baby is smart enough to know it. I tried many different formulas on my first baby. Finally, it was the liquid, not the powder, formula that she settled on. Yes, of course, the more expensive one. ROFL

Be persistent and each day try her again...one day she'll surprise you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->