Introducing meal no2 - bit of help anyone?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Brookes going to be 4 months this Friday so im thinking of introducing a second meal to the day. She's well establsihed on the baby rice and baby porridge now so im going to try some puree's. We roughly go through 30oz of milk a day.

But im not sure when to give her the 2nd meal.

Her current feeding pattern is this -

7.30, 11.00, 2.00, 5.00 (with baby rice) and then bedtime bottle at 8.00

I dont think she'll be overly interested in food at 7.30, she just wants to guzzle the milk as she hasnt eaten all night.

Im not sure where to slot it in really and whether to keep the baby rice at the same meal?

Any ideas would be much appreciated ladies :)

how about tea time? or maybe just before bed time?? fill her wee tummy?

Logan has 2 meals now and we have swapped the baby rice/porrige to the morning and im now giving him purees ect at teatime and he seems quite contented .

I think i would 'try' her on puree around 11ish. To start with she is only going to be tasting them, lunchtime seems a good time to me.

Not sure whether you give the bottle before or after her solids though?

If you give her the 11am feed them give her some puree around 12.30ish?

Its a bit hit and miss really whatever she is happy with....
:)

id try giving her the second meal in afternoon bout 12.30ish , as this way it not to close to bed just incase shes not ready or doesnt take to it u n she aint up all night, then wen its established u can always change the time , u mite find shel do this herself. logan changed all his lol to a routine that was better for him after bout a week en he was use to the 2nd meal. x

personally i would move the baby rics to the 11am or before and give herthe puree at 5 as i think poridge/rice is more breakfasty and purees more tea then it wil get her in the habbit of eating breakfast and tea rather then lunch and tea with no brekki xxx

personally i would move the baby rics to the 11am or before and give herthe puree at 5 as i think poridge/rice is more breakfasty and purees more tea then it wil get her in the habbit of eating breakfast and tea rather then lunch and tea with no brekki xxx

Yeah thats what i wasnt sure of really, whether to move the baby rice to the 11am one and then do the puree's at tea time.

Id move her breakfast to about 11 then mayb try her with dinner about 4
or you could try her with breakfast earlier hun x

I am doing cereal at around 9.30am ish, and then around 6.30pm purees with baby rice. Am doing the meals separate from the bottles as this as been the best way for us! Good Luck and if you need recipes let me know as i have a PDF document full of different things x

Yeah I agree, move the baby rice to 11am and puree to 5pm, good luck! x

I'd do the same give her the rice at 11 (or maybe 12) and than the puree in the evenings. We did find that Hannah took to new tastes better (early on at least) if we gave her a bite of cereal, than a bite of the puree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->