Introducing Meat

Reaction score
I've been trying to read around on the internet to find out the most up to date advice on when to introduce meat, but I can't find out which advice is the right advice, if you get me?
What did everyone else do/what are you planning to do? Dylan is just over 5 months and is enjoying his cereal and a wide variety of home made fruit and veggie puree's at the moment.

Our doctor suggested introducing it (in tiny amounts) two to three months after we started solids. If you start solids at six months, meat at nine months. We started with cereals at four months, and have just started to introduce mixed purees with meat (turkey & veg, chicken w/ rice & veg, beef & veg) at seven months. With the jars we're feeding, the meat is far down the ingredient list so it's really mostly veg & lentils, but it does get him used to the taste and give him some more protein to keep him fuller longer.

Was coming on to ask the same question, as someone told me yesterday it was a month after first weaning but was unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->