Introducing Molly Jayne, born 24 October 10.22am

Jayne

Molly's mum
Reaction score
Born on 24 October 2008, 10.22am weighing 8lb 9oz and measuring 53cm long. :D

So....I went into hospital on 23 October at lunch time cause my waters had broken and I had a show that was red/brown. I was immediately admitted due to Mec II (Molly had poo'd in the womb) and induced.

At 3cm, I couldn't take the pain any longer and asked for an epidural. What a wimp! I had really hoped to do the whole thing on gas and air but even the midwife said that because I was induced, the whole thing would be more painful than normal....

Finally, after 27 hours of being admitted, I got to 10 cm and started pushing. I pushed for 3 hours but she wouldn't come out. By this time I was crying like a baby, I was soooo tired and exhausted (having been in labour for over 30 hours) and everything just got to me (the epi was wearing off and I was scared to top it up cause my legs had gone numb), then Mike (my husband) spoke to my mum on the phone to update her and that was it. I was a wreck, lol.

To make matters even worse, the doctor came in and told me it would have to be a forceps delivery. I couldn't stop crying and demanded they try everything else first. I don't know why, I just didn't want a forceps delivery. From then on, it was just a blur. I remember there being about 10 people in the room including an anaesthetist, a consultant anaesthetist, 3 baby doctors, 2 midwives, and the doctor who was using the instruments. I can't really remember, I was so drugged up I couldn't feel anything below my breasts, I felt like such a failure for not being able to push her out after 3 hours and everything had gone wrong. I wanted a med free water birth with music playing in the background but ended up on a bed, on my BACK, hooked up to every monitor you can think of and not feeling any of it. It was horrible, really, really, horrible. So I just kept my eyes closed and tried to stop myself from sobbing uncontrollably.

Anyway, they tried a ventouse (sp??) first at my request but it kept falling off her head and then the dreaded tongs came out and after one final push, Molly Jayne entered the world.

They managed to break her shoulder poor thing whilst delivering her but have assured me she's in no pain and that it will heal on it's own in about 4 weeks. I had a 2nd degree tear from vagina to anus (and a small graze above where I pushed the catheter out whilst pushing all that time) and had to be stitched which really hurts but I've been peeing and pooping without TOO much trouble.

All I can say was that was the worst 2 days of my life and I never, and I mean NEVER, want to go through that again. Ever. I've done the whole being pregnant and giving birth thing and I hated it. But..she is gorgeous.....:cloud9:

Attachments

• inlabour.jpg
    inlabour.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 182
  • justborn.jpg
    justborn.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 190
  • carseat1.jpg
    carseat1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 160
  • inbed.jpg
    inbed.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 166
  • mikeandmolly3.jpg
    mikeandmolly3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 166
Aweee!! Shes adorable! Im sorry you had to go through all that pain... But she loves you to death for it, and she will thank you as she grows... Hope the shoulder heals, and Hope you get great giggles and smiles from just looking at her!! <3 aww you were as tough as you can be, and because of you and all ur hard work for the past 2 days, she is here with you and ur DH :hugs: Wish the best of luck for both of you!!
Welcome Molly!!

so sorry you had such a rough time sweetie, molly is gorgeous, congratulations :)

That does sound rough - no wonder you've had it with giving brth now!! she is so sdorable though. Well done you!!! x x

Aww hun :hugs: sorrry you had such a hard time
But what an amazing and gorgeous little girl to have as an end result

Sorry you had a rough time hon, but Molly is gorgeous! x x

Congratulations!!!! Lovely pics! Sorry you had a bad time hun and hope her shoulder is ok xxx

Congratulations hunny.I know it was a crap labour but they not all like that besides she wasn't exactly a teeny baby!She is adorable.Hope her shoulder heals up quickly and pain free.Make sure you get some rest yourself.Hugs to you all xxxxx

aww you had such a tough time, and poor molly...hope her shoulder is ok. BUT....shes is absolutely gorgeous, and well worth it! congratulations!

Aww :hug: sounds like a rough time indeed-but congrats-she's gorgeous! x

Congratulations!! lovely pics!x

Congrats hun! sorry you had such a rough time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->