Introducing myself!

ams23

NTNP
Reaction score
Hi all, just introducing myself! I found this forum searching for something like 'impatient want a baby' on google haha, and you all seem lovely :) I'm 24 and got married to my wonderful hubby last summer. I am currently finishing off my final exams for my postgrad degree, after which me and hubby will be trying for a babba! I am soooooo excited!

I'm not sure how long we will be waiting to try as yet... we originally had a general idea for me to come off the pill in December 2011, but then changed it to July 2011 (as I finish my degree at the end of this month, and we both really want to try now!) However it might be changing again, as I've just interviewed for a new job which would be starting in August 2011 if I got it. I am waiting to hear back whether I've got it over the next couple of weeks, and if I do get it, we will probably put back TTC date to December 2011/Jan 2012 again, in order to let me settle in and prove myself before any happy announcements! I've been on the Femulen mini-pill for about 6 years and my cycle is all over the place, so I have a feeling it may take me quite a while to settle down into a normal pattern anyway.

We have a lovely house with a spare room just waiting to be made into a nursery... we have about £2k of savings, (which I would like to be more really but it's a good start and we can save an extra £300 a month once I finish uni)... hubby has a stable full-time job... and I have two fairly rubbish but stable part-time jobs (or maybe one slightly better full-time job if I get this new one!) So we defo feel ready for a little one. Well absolutely terrified too - I'm not so keen on the whole giving-birth part - but in an excited way, as I know it will be 100% worth it for our own little one! It's just a question of when :)

Is it really bad that I am hoping I don't get the job? :) It's a great job and I will be happy if I get it, but also secretly disappointed as it means we have to wait longer LOL! Anyway, just wanted to say hi as I will definitely be around for the next 6 weeks or so and maybe the next 6 months! :thumbup:

Hey!

I'm fairly new to BnB too! Congratulations about setting a date! I would feel the same about the job too - I would be totally torn.

I've been lurking for a while but we've finally decided today on a date - April 2012. I'm 25 and getting married in July and we have decided we are definitely ready for a little one, just want to do a few more things yet (holiday to Las Vegas, save some money and lose some weight). I'm hoping to get my implant out around Christmas time as I've had it quite a while and my cycles too are all over the place.

Hope to catch you around during your hopefully brief stay! x

hello :wave: im Jenna, 20 (21 in september) and me and OH are wtt for our first in 2014. welcome to BnB

:hi: welcome to BnB!! I found this forum purely by chance, but I've done my fair share of "WHY AM I SO BROODY?" searches on google!!!! :haha: :howdy:

Thanks so much girls, hope to see some of you around! :D

Mrs Magpie, a trip to Las Vegas sounds amazing and a definite incentive to wait a while! :D

everdreaming - glad it's not just me with the google searches! haha :)

ams23 - is it horrible that when I was reading your story I was like I would try hard to get the job, but I would hope to not be chosen for that job - that way I would feel like I tried but baby making is meant to be! haha

Pixie - haha, no it's not horrible at all, I felt exactly the same! lol. I thought, I am going to be happy if I get the job but secretly just as happy if I don't get it, as it's like 'permission' to TTC now! lol.

Anyway, I have an update - I did get the job! Which is brilliant, I am really happy about it :D but also soooooo impatient because now we have to wait longer for baby-making, booooo! :( I have such mixed feelings! It's good though, as it's a better paid job than what I have now which will be better for affording prams and things for baba :) I am trying to tell myself that another 6 months or so won't really make a difference in the long run - even though it feels like a lifetime at the moment!

I am wondering though, what do you guys think a reasonable length of time to wait before TTC when you've only just started a new job? I might start a new thread about this actually, as I'm really interested to get other people's perspectives. I am thinking 6 months or so?

Anyway, I am definitely WTT until at least October-November or so, and possibly Jan-Feb, so I am in the WTT boat with you guys for a good few more months yet :) so looking forward to chatting with you all! Thankyou for the lovely welcome x

Congratulations on getting the job. I think 6 months sounds reasonable, you can't put your life plans on hold forever just for your job.

Thanks Pixie :D I think thats what I've decided too - you never know whats round the corner do you :) x

ams 23 - welcome aboard! I'm new here too and love it so much already.
Reading your post I wanted to say two things to you and they both relate to your situation and link in perfectly with the TTC story of a friend of mine. - coming off the pill and how long should you wait. -
4 years ago a good friend of mine came off the pill to start trying for a family, her cycle didn't even out for ages and she waited nearly 11 months before she got her BFP. I stopped taking my pill in 2009 and I'm so glad I did. I definitely needed a few months to get things going again and after 10 years on it I think it's given me a little issue with LPD. Anyway. Maybe don't wait to come off the pill until the month you guys are ready to TTC.
Any other girls have any other input in coming off the pill?
Back to my friend, she got a transfer with her job to work overseas for three years, expenses paid, serious stuff. She was in her new job one week before she got her BFP! I say just go for it if you're both ready. You don't have to tell them you're TTC after all..... no time is the perfect time. The BFP is what makes it perfect!
Best of luck and congrats on the new job. See you over in the active TTC forums soon
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->