Introducing solids with allergies

redneckhippy

Reaction score
My son is almost 9 months old and still eating almost no solids. He has had allergic reactions (hives) to several fruits and eggs. I'm scared to try new things because he seems to react so much and eggs are in so many things as well. I don't know what to try.

I am totally with you. I am paranoid to give dd anything because she reacted to avocado and eggs. Avocado can be related to a whole list of other fruits and foods so I am paranoid every time I try something and think the littlest symptom must be a food allergy. I finally just got her blood drawn today for an allergy test. For us our safe foods seem to be oatmeal, sweet potato, butternut squash, quinoa, broccoli, wheat puffs, happybaby baby puffs and now I just added string cheese. I lately have been giving oatmeal and cheese for lunch with some puffs, and for dinner I give sweet potato or squash pureed with quinoa- then have some broccoli and puffs for finger food. ALso she has done well with watermelon. Obviously your child may react to some of those foods, but I feel like find a couple safe ones that go together and just make a bunch of baby food and freeze it with those safe combinations. Avocado is a great food for babies if yours can handle it. ALso google the ones he reacted to and see if they are related to other ones- that might give you an idea of possible reactions. Hopefully our LO's will just grow out of them like most kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->