Introduction - happy to meet you all!

Becca- yep, so-sleeping is definitely beneficial if you plan on breastfeeding. :) And yes, I was just referring to the jab for the epi-it's actually 2, the first to numb the area, and then the 2nd is the epi catheter itself. I've had HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) with my last 4 pregnancies, so if you are having an issue with nausea/vomiting definitely mention it to your healthcare provider early on. I was also afraid that the syrup that they have you drink for the GD test would make me ill but am very thankful that it never did. As far as the cups usually when I was at an appointment they would give me a new cup to take home to use for my next visit. Pregnancy is scary-either you feel like you don't know anything or you know too much and worry. LOL
We live in KS currenlty. Hubby loves CO and would like to move back. I think it is beautiful and a great place to visit, but I am glad that we don't live there. Most of my childhood was spent in CA and I miss the beach and warm weather.
Have you thought of starting a journal? I'd love to follow you along there.

And becoming a parent is what makes you ready for a parent-there is no way to prepare ahead of time. LOL

2 of each sounds lovely, I can appreciate what your DH said about not being outnumbered. We have 6- 3 boys one after another, followed by 3 girls. :)

Busytulip- thanks I will have to look into that then. I am hoping to breastfeed. Ok gotcha thanks for clarifying. I hope to find out soon if a natural labor is an option for me from an anesthesiologist.

oh you poor thing! That sounds dreadly, and frankly would be my worst nightmare. Did you ever have to be hospitalized for it?? What did you find that helped? What did the doc give you? How early can I ask lol. So glad the syrup never made you sick, there is hope! Stellar than the peeing on demand thing lol will be one less thing to worry about. Haha yeah I am def going to be on the knowing too much side...probably already do. Someone once told me to only read the positive stuff and make DH read all the bad stuff and possible complications. I thought if I read it all now I would forget by the time it mattered...that was a mistake. I do sometimes wish I could just go for it without knowing everything about it. Wonder if it would be easier that way.

What brought you to KS? DH and I love it here. I was born in MD, but I honestly don't remember it. Do you get to be near a beach in KS? (I have never been so I really dont know what it's like.) DH's parents live in San Jose right now since my FIL got transferred and I swear the only reason there are there is the weather. Would OH ever be open to moving to CA with you?

I didn't know I could do that. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement, I just might do that. :)

Haha well thank you for the blunt honesty I appreciate that. I guess than I don't have to be worried that I won't know what to do or that I can't prepare. The best advice I was ever given on being a good mom is that if you are worried you won't/aren't you already are. I found that reassuring :)

Yup just two for us. DH and I will have a long talk after the first to make sure I am still not hooked on having one of each, because if that is the case the only way to guarantee that is to adopt. But again, I really don't think I'll care when I am pregnant. I think I am just scared to have two boys and be outnumbered my entire life lol. I apoligize my late night math skills are not great, so have many kids do you have? and is the LO going to be your last?

For the HG during my last pregnancy I was on Diclegis, Zofran, Phenergan, and Reglan. It helped to keep the vomiting at bay, but not so much the nausea-that hung around. I didn't take the Phenergan often because it had a horrendous sedative effect. By the time I went in for my 12 week check I had lost over 20 lbs, and I'm not a big girl, so I didn't have to ask my doctor gave me samples right there in the office.

The closest beach is about a 10 hour non-stop drive. :( Needless to say we haven't been to the beach in nearly 7 years. I moved here my senior year of HS with my family. Most of our family lives here or near here so moving to the coast isn't in the cards.

That is REALLY good advice and it is so TRUE. :)

We currently have 6. We have already decided to try to have another and are looking to try in August of this year, Lord willing. We'll see, we aren't going to stress about it. If you had asked me before having our first how many children I thought I would have 6 would never have come out of my mouth. LOL But we LOVE it!

If you do end up with 2 of the same sex do you think you would ever consider a third? Or just end up adding pets? LOL

Wow that is a lot of drugs. I am glad you got samples though. When did you first start vomiting? Like what week? I’m sorry you were still nauseous. I think as long as I am not vomiting I will be ok, my biggest symptom of GAD is nausea. And especially if I knew I felt sick because I was pregnant, I hope that would make a difference. Did you have HG will all four the whole pregnancy? Or just the first trimiesters? Did your doc tell you if you had any risk factors for it? Or were you just one of those unlucky ones? Well sounds like you need to head to the beach soon! I haven’t been in ages either. I am glad to hear you have great family around then, that is a good reason to stay put. Aww good, I am glad you liked it! I will keep that in mind then and hopefully nothing else lol.

Wow #7? Would this be your last one? I am so glad you having such a big family. What changed your mind, since you said you never would have thought to have so many? I can’t imagine that, I admire people who can handle that many I could never do that.

Haha. Well DH said if I am still hooked on one of each, we will have to seriously talk about whether or not we should adopt the second. But the closer we get the less I am caring lol. It would take a lot of convincing to get him to agree to a third. If we do decide to have another one, the third one will absolutely be adopted since that is the only way to know for sure what the gender will be. It’s funny you mention pets though. I had already decided that probably when the first LO is 2ish I will want another baby to cuddle….but as you know we really want the age gap. So we decided that we will get a puppy instead and that way I can take care of something and cuddle with it, but hold on off on having the other LO.

I thought I had a tummy bug and when it didn't go away that is when I took a HPT, so I was sick from the very beginning. I was sick my entire pregnancy with all of them. My doctors never mentioned any risk factors.

When my DH and I were dating he had said that he wanted 10, I said I didn't want any. I use to joke that I compromised and gave him 5. LOL But in all honesty, they just change your lives. For the better. I love them to pieces. I am not sure if we'll have more or not, we have decided to leave it in God's/the Universe's hands.

If you do decide to get a puppy, just make sure that you have them house trained before TTC another. LOL Training puppies is hard work, especially with a baby bump! :D

Oh man, that does NOT sound fun. I have heard that if you get morning sickness before 7-8 weeks it is likely to be bad. You are my hero for dealing with that! I am so afraid that it will be all 9 months. How do you handle eating with that? Or going through labor? And was it the nausea the whole time, or actually vomiting? You said that the drugs seemed to help with the vomiting, but I am not sure if you meant in general or like the whole time. This is totally wishful thinking, but is there anyway to prevent this? Lol.

Wow 10? So he wanted like a whole sports team? Haha. Well TTC for #7 you have almost given him 10! That is so wonderful. I can’t wait to feel that. How do you go through pregnancy, labor and delivery though that many times?? Well then it sounds like you will have exactly what you are supposed to.

Oh thanks for the tip! I think I should be good, hoping the puppy will be at least two before we start TTC for LO #2. Thankfully we didn’t have to do that with our dog now. He was at least house trained, and that was pretty much his only saving grace the first three months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->