Introduction (Kinda Long)

LTTTCMomOf2

Reaction score
Well, I am 35, mother to 2 teenagers (one just turned 18, the other is 16).

Have been trying to conceive for over 10 years
took time off sortof (if it happens whoo hoo, if not ok) while pursuing my career at the time (two yrs active, 5 years going with the flow, 2 years trying with no interventions).

Now been a SAHM for some time (youngest has some issues with school and behavior and we decided that a parent at home was best, and stress at my work was making me sick)
Last two years we have been more active in trying but DH did not want to see a doctor about any of this (he believes this is all too personal). So after abiding by hubby's wishes and watching my littlest sister get pregnant her first month trying, then meeting my new niece 9 months later, and now my newest SIL is pregnant (not trying not preventing) 1 month after their marriage; I have decided DH better get over his shyness with the doctors.
Having my littlest niece, who is an angel to babysit, overnight about once a month has renewed DH's interest in being more active as he is realizing that although there is no Perfect time, this iis the best situation we can be in, Own a home, steady job for DH, SAHM, more maturity and experience, closer to families, prior children are more independent, and there would be cousins near in age
Good news is that he is being supportive with my temping and charting, bad news is that "scheduled sex" seems to be a mood killer for him. His job is also being uncooperative, why does he have mandatory OT the same time I am likely to be Oing? I used to work at the same company so I know they are a PIA with scheduling.
But anyways, back to me. Recently when reviewing my fertility signs it appears I am ovulating earlier in my cycle ( estimate somewhere on CD7-10) than I thought, which could explain some of our issues since I am not typically frisky so soon after AF leaves. Last gyno exam - all good, blood work done to check thyroid and hormones, all good; so will be charting the next few cycles and then taking them to my doc for a referral if necessary and DH has finally agreed to participate if we do not have a BFP by then.

So at this point I am just trying to stay positive,be supportive for my SIL (very mixed feeling on this one as they do not have a steady income or insurance), and trying not to be resentful of DHs seeming lack of concern and control my emotions when he is just to stressed or tired because of work.

Current status: 3DPO (BBT); 2DPO (CM,CP)
Caved and purchased OPKs from Amazon (1st time ever)

Good luck in your journey hun i hope you get a happy outcome soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->