Introduction

Nanner2mom

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Ive been reading this forum for the last couple days, and it feels great to know there are so many other people out there going through the same thing as I. I thought I'd share my story

My name is Andrea, 27,and my wife's name is Nicole,26. We have been together for nearly 4 years. Two years ago we started talking about TTC but decided to wait until finances were in order. We moved to a different city, met new people, which eventually led to meeting our donor. After a year of getting to know him we felt he'd be the perfect fit for what we are looking for in a donor.We didn't know how to approach a guy to ask for his sperm. it was nerve racking and a bit awkward, but the worst thing that could happen is him say no... so we went for it. It surprisingly went very smoothly and he agreed to help us in creating life.
This is our second month TTC. Last month I used clearblue test and we were able to get a donation day of LH, day after, and the following day. Our SD told us that he had ejaculated a few hrs b4 1st donation so we were skeptical about the longevity of his swimmers.
That 2 week wait to c if I was pregnant was the longest two weeks of my life. When I got the BFN I was kinda sad but also informed enough to know it does take time and me stressing about it wasn't goin to help.
We are now TTC for our second time. I gotta say I feel much better this time around. The first time was stressful, and kinda uncomfortable knowing there was going to be sperm injected in me, silly right? This time I was ready. I knew my personal ovulation symptoms and was able to overcome the sperm associated anxiety it's really a beautiful thing when u think about it, and I am so grateful to him and his sperm. He was also very conscious about being sparing with his swimmers this time around so I think we got some good samples! LH surge detected oct 12th AI oct 9th, 12th, 13th, and 14th. I hope it works this time! Please send some *** baby dust*** my way..

Good luck n tons of baby dust ur way! Day before, day off n day after works great!

Thank you! Much needed, and appreciated :)I hate this TWW! So what's your story? I think I may have seen your name on some posts, but I've read so many it's hard to remember who's who.

Good luck!!! The TWW is awful you try not to think about it but how can you not!!!!

Sounds like you did it spot on so fingers crossed!!

We are on our 4th go next week, the first two we didn't do it at the right time the first one we missed as we didn't believe the smiley face on the clearblue (its was 2 weeks early) you can have dodgy sticks so watch out. If you pull the stick out the machine and the inks run all down and instead of lines it's a big mess then you will get a positive but it's a false positive so watch out.

Ohhhhh let us know how you get on - lots of baby dust xxx

Good luck!!! The TWW is awful you try not to think about it but how can you not!!!!

Sounds like you did it spot on so fingers crossed!!

We are on our 4th go next week, the first two we didn't do it at the right time the first one we missed as we didn't believe the smiley face on the clearblue (its was 2 weeks early) you can have dodgy sticks so watch out. If you pull the stick out the machine and the inks run all down and instead of lines it's a big mess then you will get a positive but it's a false positive so watch out.

Ohhhhh let us know how you get on - lots of baby dust xxx

Thank you! I really think we did a good job this time. I think we may have missed it last time as I didn't have EWCM until 2 days after my LH surge was detected n we had stopped inseminating by then.

I sure hope you two get a BFP soon! It's so nice to chat with SS couples goin through the same thing. Are you doing at home insemination? If so what methods have you used?... if you don't mind me asking. :)

I do tend to look at the stick after the results. I've never notice the ink running. Although, the first time around the second line was very faint, and I didn't have any ovulation symptoms til days later. So i think that test could have given me a false+.This time both lines were very dark, and i had ovulation symptoms to match :)

I will definitely keep ya updated, and I hope to hear more about your journey as well! ** baby dust*** to you and yours!

https://the2mums.blogspot.co.uk/

Our blog! I'll post some more about our technique tomorrow as its late now and I'm knackered. After doing it 3 times (yes at home sometimes at the donors) I have learnt a lot about what works and what doesn't!

Speak tomorrow xxx

Hey good luck ladies!!!!!! We have always done it dead on!! This time round we did it 2days before I got my positive ovulation stick!!! And Yey BFP!!! Sperm can survive or up to 5days, it will start to die off as the days go but it is still possible! I have my fingers crossed for you both!!!! Jut relax and try and think of things to occupy ur selfs during 2ww!!!!xxxx

Hey good luck ladies!!!!!! We have always done it dead on!! This time round we did it 2days before I got my positive ovulation stick!!! And Yey BFP!!! Sperm can survive or up to 5days, it will start to die off as the days go but it is still possible! I have my fingers crossed for you both!!!! Jut relax and try and think of things to occupy ur selfs during 2ww!!!!xxxx

That's wonderful news, congrats! How many attempts did u take you? We have only been trying for 2 months but it seems like a lifetime lol thanks for the advise! We inseminated 3 days b4 LH surge day of, day after, and the following day. We are hoping it worked this time! How far along are you? Did you have any symptoms? If so how early? :)

Hey, thank you!! You have covered all areas then!!!! That's good if you can do it!!! We had 6 attempts with one donor and chaned to another donor and got our BFP 3rd cycle!!!!! I only had one symptom back pain and that started about 7dpo and that's it!!! Lol then of corse day af was due had period pains and did for 2 periods I'm 18weeks now!!! And we are exspecting a baby boy!!!!!! Oliver!!! I wish u luck any questions feel free to message me and I'll get bk to u as soon as I see it!!!
Remember it is about relaxing as well that's the big one!!! Help ur body think of loads of things to do during 2ww it helped me!!!!! How many dpo are u?? Fx and good luck!!!!xxxxx

We got our BFP! We used donor sperm and went with the iui method. It was only our 2nd try and my 4th month on Clomid. I had AF cramping quite steady from 8dpo-10dpo, I really thought the witch was coming! Baby Dust!!!

Hey, thank you!! You have covered all areas then!!!! That's good if you can do it!!! We had 6 attempts with one donor and chaned to another donor and got our BFP 3rd cycle!!!!! I only had one symptom back pain and that started about 7dpo and that's it!!! Lol then of corse day af was due had period pains and did for 2 periods I'm 18weeks now!!! And we are exspecting a baby boy!!!!!! Oliver!!! I wish u luck any questions feel free to message me and I'll get bk to u as soon as I see it!!!
Remember it is about relaxing as well that's the big one!!! Help ur body think of loads of things to do during 2ww it helped me!!!!! How many dpo are u?? Fx and good luck!!!!xxxxx

I really hope we did ;) wow, why did u switch donors? Do u think switching helped or was it just timing? I'm so happy for u! Thank you for the advice... I'm trying really hard not to stress but its difficult not to especially during this TWW. I'm 8dpo, I'm gonna wait til the 27th-28th to test.

We got our BFP! We used donor sperm and went with the iui method. It was only our 2nd try and my 4th month on Clomid. I had AF cramping quite steady from 8dpo-10dpo, I really thought the witch was coming! Baby Dust!!!

Congrats!

Im 14dpo and We got our BFP today!!! I'm still in shock a bit... I had a lot of symptoms, sore bbs, ariolas are a couple shades darker. I had weird cramping(sharp pains in my belly button and around the abdomen), and I had some nausea this morning after finding out. We are so excited!!! Baby dust to all :)

Brilliant soooooo sooooo happy for you!!!!!!! Lots of baby dust.

We are 3dpo - we did this month day of surge, day after and day after.

I hope we caught it, it was 4 days early!!! Or possibly 6 depending on her cycle length which seems to be changing since starting this journey.

Xxxx

Brilliant soooooo sooooo happy for you!!!!!!! Lots of baby dust.

We are 3dpo - we did this month day of surge, day after and day after.

I hope we caught it, it was 4 days early!!! Or possibly 6 depending on her cycle length which seems to be changing since starting this journey.

Xxxx

Thank you!!! Awwww the dreaded TWW. I hope you caught it this time! That's exactly what we did, seems to wrk ;) any piercing pains in your abdomen? I never had implantation bleeding, just sharp pains. Baby dust to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->