Introduction

Sassmaster33

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself. I came across this site this morning and decided to join and get some online support. I do not know all of the abbreviations but will do my best. I also posted an introduction in the TTC#1 thread....but to be honest, I'm new to this online forum thing and I have no idea if I'm doing this correctly. I apologize if I'm not supposed to post here or anything, please let me know. Had a bad experience on another site and want to start fresh here. I'm a newbie, help! :)

A little about myself: My name is Amy, 33 years old. Married my husband in November 13. Came off BC at the beginning of November 2013. Stopped preventing in December 2013, started trying in January 2014. I had a LEEP procedure in 2008 (which my doctor said will not cause an issue getting pregnant but could cause cervix issues when pregnant). I had originally started BBT and OPK in January but I felt like it really took the "fun" out of trying and somewhat stressed me out. My Doctor said it generally takes up to a year to get pregnant and that it might be better for me not to BBT and OPK, and just simply try counting back from my time of the month. He wasn't recommending not knowing how my body works, but just simply maybe doing all of that right now isn't the best for me. I'm using the OVIA app to track the days we try and when I have my time of the month.

Right now I am on CD 31 with no AF signs (normally I have spotting at CD 22-23 and start AF on CD 25-26).

Look forward to getting to know you all, reading the other threads, commenting and getting/giving support! Thank you in advance and nice to "meet" you!

Amy

Nice to meet you too :) and welcome! I think you'll find us all very encouraging and helpful, or at least that's my experience here. Have you taken a preg. test yet?? And I recommend taking your bbt just to figure out what you're body is doing unless you stress too much about it and then it can be counter productive. I take mine and found out I don't normally O but doc wants to wait til my year is up to do anything serious(3 more months to go!)
Welcome to the TTC journey!!

Thank you so much for the welcome :) I feel good about this place already! Love that it is encouraging and helpful.

I took a pregnancy test on CD 28 which was negative (gosh that's always hard to see). Thought I'd wait and take another one in a few days, but not having any sort of AF signs or pregnancy signs....don't want to take another one and face that disappointment.

Re BBT: I am Catholic and took Natural Family Planning (NFP) as part of our premarital counseling. I tried it in January/February and had a hard time with it. I took it orally (is that correct?) and had to use 2 different thermometers (1 broke and the other seemed innacurate). I always took it as soon as I woke up. Is that correct or do you have any advice? I've been trying to read up on it more.

I think I may start the OPK's again, and am thinking about doing the BBT again too....I just need to find a way to keep the fun in it for my dear husband (I am a major planner and get a little stressed/worked up about all of this, just SO very ready to have a baby).

Hi and wellcome its a good place to be on here i love b&b compared to other forums as ladies are lovely on here & i'v learnt so much on here. i personally don't bbt but i do use opks & find it fun i thnk bbt would stress me out too lol i ovulate on cd 18/19 found that out using opks along with wen i conceived so find it easier knowing wen to bd etc. anyway still early for u so if u want to just ditch all that then i thnk ur fine just having intercourse every other day for 3 weeks from ur period. That should cover it & good luck hun. Maybe if af is late u already are expecting? X

Welcome! You'll get the hang of it quickly :) If you want to venture into the TTC Groups and Discussions board there's a group of us who are all 30ish and TTC our first. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/2095853-30-yo-ttc-1-a.html Alot of us have been trying for a similar time frame and learning to temp use, OPKs, etc. We're always happy to have people join us! I think we can all use all the support we can get :)

Thank you so much for the welcome :) I feel good about this place already! Love that it is encouraging and helpful.

I took a pregnancy test on CD 28 which was negative (gosh that's always hard to see). Thought I'd wait and take another one in a few days, but not having any sort of AF signs or pregnancy signs....don't want to take another one and face that disappointment.

Re BBT: I am Catholic and took Natural Family Planning (NFP) as part of our premarital counseling. I tried it in January/February and had a hard time with it. I took it orally (is that correct?) and had to use 2 different thermometers (1 broke and the other seemed innacurate). I always took it as soon as I woke up. Is that correct or do you have any advice? I've been trying to read up on it more.

I think I may start the OPK's again, and am thinking about doing the BBT again too....I just need to find a way to keep the fun in it for my dear husband (I am a major planner and get a little stressed/worked up about all of this, just SO very ready to have a baby).

Sounds all good to me. I definitely understand the waiting to test, it's harder to see a negative then just waiting a couple days. And if taking your bbt stresses you too much, don't worry about it for a couple cycles and see where you're at then.
I'm debating doing opks this month too. We'll see if it happens :p

Hey Amy! I just found this website earlier this month as well. I'm really liking it because I learn new things everyday. I turned to online forums as an outlet because I'm the type of person to share it all with my husband, but after trying for a few months I quickly learned if I share all of my anxiety about TTC with him then he feels more pressure in the bedroom. So I've decided not to tell him much about TTC, I just mainly tell him when we need to BD!

This month mid-cycle I started BBT and OPKs. So far so good. I'm getting used to waking up every morning and sticking the thermometer in my mouth and entering my temp into FF. I just need to work on waking up at the same time everyday since some days I wake up early because I'm hot. I tend to over analyze things so when I have a temp spike I question it, so I'm trying to work on looking at the overall picture when temping. I get it if it stresses you out though. However I feel very in tune with my body since I've been doing all this. I feel like I'm somewhat in control I guess is a way to put it.

Nice to meet you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->