ipad 2 are they any good?

highhopes19

Reaction score
hi ladies

im thinking of getting an ipad2 are they any good?

i looked in argos the wifi ones are cheaper but then theres the wifi and 3g ones that are more exspensive whats the difference?

but it says the 3g plan has to be brought seperatly? but if they have to be brought seperatly why are these ones more exspensive:wacko:

:flower:

I was given one for christmas and at the risk of sounding ungrateful it's only ok.

I would much prefer a laptop, basically it's just an ipod with a bigger screen.
I got the cheaper one without 3g and I find it fine as I mostly use it in the house and have Wifi. The biggest pain is it doesn't support flash so it can't run loads of free online games or ahem stream movies.

My favourite bit of it is the ibooks but I read them on my phone anyway.

Saying that my nephew loves it and there is loads of educational games on it for them, I probably would rate it better if I had kids to make use of it. Although any of my friends that have one don't let their kids near it :shrug:.

If you don't have an iphone you might like it for the apps, if you do have an iphone / ipod I wouldn't be in a rush to get one.

Hope that helps. x

I've got the iPad 2, and I love it...speedy, slimline, always discovering new things to do! Loooove it!

I bought one for hubby for Xmas... I love my I pad... (I mean his I pad!) !!!
The 3G is a separate monthly payment plan, kind of like a phone contract so you can use the internet whilst out snd about.The one without you can only use the Internet where there's wi fi, I must say the majority of places now has free wi fi anyway so I didn't find we needed the 3G.

DH got me one for Christmas and I love it.

It's got some great apps and I love the iBooks/kindle app. It's easier to read these on the iPad rather than the iPhone.

Some of the games are easier to play on it, as are some of the photo editing apps such as colour splash.

I've just discovered a great digital scrapbooking app which I'm playing around with.

thankyou ive always wanted one from when they first came out.. i have some money comeing through soon (was involved in an accident when pregnant and have rewarded compensation) and i wanna treat myself, pay off my loans and then save the rest for a rainy day :D xxx

I have one and its Wonderful, Jasper (19 months) loves it too, really enjoys playing education games etc on it :)

My boyfriend has one of these on contract, I suppose it would be cheaper to buy one for only Wifi use, but he uses his for travel also so it's nice for him to have the contract too.

You know what it is, it's a large Iphone haha. In fairness I had a play about on his, and I thought it was fantastic. Lots of games and stuff to do on it. Also the cases have stands on them good if you want to chill and watch something on it.

I got one for Christmas of OH and I love it, it's so fast and very handy when I need to look something up quickly or have a spare 5 minutes in the day.
I just have the wifi one as we didn't think it was worth all that extra money when I'm not likely to use it out and about!

Deffo worth it though, I say treat yourself haha

I have one on contract £25 a month for wifi and 3G 32gb. I love it I use it for everything, especially reading :D I'm using it right now :haha:

I have one on contract £25 a month for wifi and 3G 32gb. I love it I use it for everything, especially reading :D I'm using it right now :haha:

i was thinking about one on contract.... did you have to pay an up front payment?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->