iPhone 4 or 4s??

mumandco

Reaction score
Hi ladies my iPhone 3 is very nearly at the end of it's life now so am thinking about what I'm getting next! It's got to be an iPhone and I'm having trouble choosing between the 4 and 4s??

I have done a little research on the best price plans and they both will Cost me the same price a month
but with the iPhone 4 I'd get £120 cashback??

My oh says I should go for a 4 but I think he's just sayin that so I don't have a better phone than him (he has a 4)

what would you pick??

I would get the 4! I just for mine and i love it. Only way I would have got the 4s is I I wanted a better camera, but the one on the 4 is fab anyway!

4s!!!! Why settle for an older model when you can have the newer one :haha:

I was also offered money back on the 4 but I chose 4s... Siri is amazing.. With the 4 you cant talk to your phone and ask it things..

I can say what is the weather going to be like today and it will show and tell me.. I can say send a text to my mum and it will find mums contact and open it up. I will then say happy birthday mum and it will write it.. That might not be for everyone but when your hands are full its so amazing..

Plus the camera is wayyyyyy better!!! Lol. And I also think it has reminders which the Iphone4 dont have!

:)

I don't think I'd use Siri much tbh buuut it would be there if I wanted it! I'm leaning towards the 4s as like you said why settle for the older model!
But if I had the £120 that could go towards the wedding or a laptop for me :)

aghhhh decisions decisions I got to see how much it's going to cost to end my contract early first or I'll have to wait until march :(

I don't think I'd use Siri much tbh buuut it would be there if I wanted it! I'm leaning towards the 4s as like you said why settle for the older model!
But if I had the £120 that could go towards the wedding or a laptop for me :)

aghhhh decisions decisions I got to see how much it's going to cost to end my contract early first or I'll have to wait until march :(

Who you with? I am with Orange, they offered me 33% off so I ended up paying a lot less than what it would have been to keep my contract going.. Would have been £320 I would of paid in them 8 months and I ended my contract for £197. I had to pay £99 for the phone but I would of paid that anyway so if I stayed in my contract the total would have been £420 instead of £297 so it was worth in imo.
I love my phone. Granted I dont use Siri all the time but its there. There is no feature difference from 4s to 4. Its identical on the outside so it wouldnt matter but I am funny like that. Technology I am big on so I like to have the newer stuff lol. Im waiting for my LED 3D TV to arrive :happydance:

I'm with o2 I think they wanted £150 to end the contract! I'm selling my old phone to wonga for £65!

Ah I'd love a 3d tv but couldn't be doing with wearing the glasses I hate wearing my normal glasses so don't bother lol

I'm with o2 I think they wanted £150 to end the contract! I'm selling my old phone to wonga for £65!

Ah I'd love a 3d tv but couldn't be doing with wearing the glasses I hate wearing my normal glasses so don't bother lol

I dont really like them either.. Make me look like a right goof! :haha: luckily its only for an hour or so while films on then you turn it back to normal tv.. Lol..

As for the contract thats not bad at all :) have you asked if thats the lowest they can do? Sometimes if you say your such a good customer they give you a little off. Even if its only £10 its still £10. But thats still a good price.. Plus you keep your number and everything so no need to change it all

Don't think I'd be able to keep my number as I'd be leaving o2 it's only that cheap as my contract runs out in march! I don't think my phone will last that long and I'm not. Paying my insuarance excess of £100 to have it fixed! Gonna get the oh to phone them up asap better check if they open on a Sunday first :)

4s! I went with t mobile and got £50 cash back through quidco and sold my old phone for £90 on mazuma.
I love my phone, I've used my sils 4 and although they are pretty much the same the 4s does seem a little slicker.

You can still keep your number.. You can take it to another network if you want to. Find out by calling the network your wanting to go with...

well i woke up this morning to a brilliant birthday present my iphone had gone dead and wouldnt charge!
so i have cancelled my contract and have gotten a white iphone 4s I CANT WAIT!!
ive been doing excited dances all morning and have wound my jealous oh up lol

my oh has gone to town no to go get me an extra bday present........A PHONE CASE :mad:)

My husband has a 4s and I personally think he is trying to convince himself it is better than it is because a) he likes gadety things, b) he knows it is like a brick and he has admitted he preferred holding the 4 and c) the talking things is a bit like the emperors new clothes...

Still, what do I know, I wanted to keep my iphone 3 instead of getting a 3GS and I don't want a new phone at all, I like what I am used to... :haha:

My husband has a 4s and I personally think he is trying to convince himself it is better than it is because a) he likes gadety things, b) he knows it is like a brick and he has admitted he preferred holding the 4 and c) the talking things is a bit like the emperors new clothes...

Still, what do I know, I wanted to keep my iphone 3 instead of getting a 3GS and I don't want a new phone at all, I like what I am used to... :haha:

The 4 and 4s are no different in size and weight really.. Its only got a better camera and better software So I assume you mean the 4s and 3G

The same with the 3 and 3GS, 3 doesnt have a video camera and 3GS does.

Plus 3, 3GS, 4 and 4s still run exactly the same, just added features as you go up. Settings still basically stay the same..

4s
Height: 115.2 mm (4.5 inches)
Width: 58.6 mm (2.31 inches)
Depth: 9.3 mm (0.37 inches)
Weight: 140 grams (4.9 ounces)

Width: 58.6 mm (2.31 inches)
Depth: 9.3 mm (0.37 inches)
Weight: 137 grams (4.8 ounces)

3GS
Width: 62.1 mm (2.4 inches)
Depth: 12.3 mm (0.48 inches)
Weight: 135 grams (4.8 ounces)

The 4 and 4s are actually thinner.

Happy birthday!!!! Hope you love your new phone.. I have it in white.. Love it. :)

phone O2 and ask for your PAC (porting authority code) it'll let u keep ur number :)

I decided to change my number I like change :) well tbh I'm not that fussed on Siri and I find it to be exactly like my oh's 4 can't see much difference in the photos but I'm still glad that I went for a 4s muuuuch better than my tired 3g

Ive sold my 4 for a 4s, if photos are your thing go for it. If not, you're just as well with the 4.

I tested the cameras both side by side and it was a notable difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"