Iphone 4 users, can you delete one days internet history?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm being lied to.

Is it possible to delete a days internet history off your iphone 4?

When I go into 'bookmarks' then 'history' it puts all the history into folders, a folder for each day. If I go into that day and 'clear' - it clears the entire history, not just that day.

Is it possible to just clear a days history?

I'm not sure , if I do it that way it deletes everything but you can go on google history too and see what searches have been typed in?

I dont know much about iphones but i know you can delete history individually on most things.

I always thought you could. I'll have a play on my boyfriends tomorrow.

Hope its nothing bad xx

You can do that on the 4s yes, Not sure if it is the same for the 4 though.
The steps that you take for the 4s are as follows,

Settings
Safari
Advanced (right at the bottom)
Website Data
Edit (on the title bar)
Show all sites (Do this before edit if you want a longer list showing all browsing)
Touch the stop sign on the left of the site you want deleting, then press the delete prompt.

So yeah, the person in question could delete browsing history off there quite easily.
Hope this helps and apologies if it doesnt work for the iPhone 4.

I have the iPhone 4 and I don't think u can delete one days history if I delete all of it goes x

You can do that on the 4s yes, Not sure if it is the same for the 4 though.
The steps that you take for the 4s are as follows,

Settings
Safari
Advanced (right at the bottom)
Website Data
Edit (on the title bar)
Show all sites (Do this before edit if you want a longer list showing all browsing)
Touch the stop sign on the left of the site you want deleting, then press the delete prompt.

So yeah, the person in question could delete browsing history off there quite easily.
Hope this helps and apologies if it doesnt work for the iPhone 4.

With this method you would need to erase every site that was accessed that day. But most people dont realise their data is still stored in here even if you deleted all history.

So in answer to the OP - yes, but its unlikely whoever you think is lying to you took the advanced route.

Also only the last 7 days show.

My DH doesnt know about the advanced part so even if he dares deleting the history it remains there. But be worth looking into that part OP

You can on the iphone5 with the directions above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->