iPhone 5

I dont upgrade til feb 2014 but i'll be converting.to iphone then i reckon.

xo

Does anyone know if it's just Apple that are taking pre orders? I can see they are on their website but wanted to compare it to what 02 etc are offering on contract. But their websites don't seem to have any info yet.

I have heard Carphone Warehouse are doing something, but i don't know the details. x

ETA: Here you go https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/m...network=&offerFilterType=&offerFilterValue=#b

I had an email this morning for Apple saying I can pre-order it from the apple store.

This is the link it gave me : https://store.apple.com/uk/browse/h...?cid=CDM-EU-36691&cp=em-P0013248-191788&sr=em

Via carphone warehouse and my contract plan T-mobile will want me to pay some to me new phone... Well they can kiss it because we always get free or just £20 per phone so not about to start paying £150 per phone...

In the US, preorder is available on all major carriers as of this morning. :thumbup:

I've had an upgrade since November 2010. :blush:

Maybe next year, for now I'm stuck with iPhone 4 lol

I read it's not 3G compatible and 4G won't be rolled out in the UK fully for a year so Going to hold off. Hope that's not the case for those who have ordered one if it's true.

The problem seems to be that the phone providers in the UK are slacking with the nano sims. Tmobile say they wont even have theirs til October, DH asked in a store to confirm and the guy didnt even know what a nano sim was!

I got mine from 3 today but that means leaving Tesco mobile. Loads of other buyers are doing the same so they have a nano sim ready to activate next Friday. It's not as easy as micro sims, you have to cut and file a micro to make a nano and it's much easier to screw up

What are nano sims? Does iPhone 5 not use the micro sims?

Nope, they are smaller and thinner. How annoying huh?!

Do you have to cut a the sim yourself then? They dont just send them out like they do with micro sims

I asked Tesco (who i am currently with) to give me the porting code to port my number to 3. She asked why I was leaving and I told her, no-one but 3 has the nano-sim

she told me they will have it on Friday and iphone 5 customers need to call their provider or see in store for them.

So I am now the plonker trying to work out what contract to keep, my old one or 3. :dohh:

I am just so desperate for a iphone of any sort a 3gs would make me happy :(

https://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5362783_700b.jpg

to give you girls a LOL

You girls who have upgraded, do you get it and pay outright, or do you buy out of your contract? My contract runs until May 2013 so i'd have to wait till then . or run 2 contracts xx

I buy mine outright.

I won my first iPhone 4 in a Lucozade competition. I just sell them on every new release now so I dont pay anymore than half for the new one
I have a £12 contract too so its pretty cheap in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->