Irrational fear of toxoplasmosis - prob stupidest thread ever!

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Hi girls

Since the start of my pregnancy I've been really paranoid about toxoplasmosis infection - I have an outdoor cat and live on a farm. Anyway I'm becoming more and more obsessive.

This evening I was making tea (bacon, veg, pasta mix).
Anyway I was very careful cooking my veg and bacon separate separate utensils etc. but then it came to mix it together and I used the bacon utensil to do the mixing. I know this sounds mental but now I'm paranoid that the utensil previosly touched the raw bacon and I could have contaminated my entire dinner.

I know I am just worrying but please someone else tell me I'm
Being stupid! After you stir say raw meet will u wash the stirrer?

If you are paranoid, just ask for a quick blood test to see if you have immunity(which most people do!), then no worries :)

Your fine hun!

Bacon is cured anyway so the likelyhood of it having issues are so minute... if your that unlucky I had more chance of winning the lottery last night lol

And I didnt lol

I've had the immunity test as I'm a shepherd by trade and keep goats. I think if your really concerned get the test but tbh it sounds like your over reacting but I can understand that :).

hi. every pregnancy i've had an irrational fear over toxo etc to the point that i develop ocd. luckily my oh is a pyschologist and he keeps me sane. apparently its the hormones that make me so irrational. i even swapped to quorn as i cant cope with touching raw meat. just keep remembering how rare it is and in the third trimester it wouldnt affect your baby much anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->