Irrational Phobias?

blueskai

Reaction score
Okay so I've just been clearing behind the couch and hubby tends to throw his socks behind there :roll:

Anyway I pick a sock up and noticed a BIG FAT DEAD SPIDER on it :sick: I threw it on the floor and shouted OH MY GOD WHAT IS IT :lol: (I'm home alone too..)

Now if this was a live big fat spider I wouldn't be so bothered, but I have such a bad fear of dead insects - I can't look at them, touch them, and even thinking about them is making me short of breath :nope:

I don't know what caused this fear but I'm pretty sure I've always had it. I'm also terrified of balloons :sick: the most I can do is stand still and hold one between my fingers, but they just make me shudder.

Anybody else as mad as me? I'm sitting here leaning right back on my chair so I don't have to look at the big dead spider on the floor until OH gets back home to pick it up :sick:

xo

I run away from anything with more than 4 legs! Im shuddering at the thought of them now!! when me and hubby first moved in together, he thought it would be funny to leave a crab & spicier picture as a screensaver on my computer! He soon learnt :growlmad:

I'm dreading hubby coming home in case he throws the sock at me with the spider on it :nope:

I'm gonna sit him down first and make him promise he wont :haha:

He thought it'd be funny once to blow up a condom, as he didn't believe me when I said I hated balloons, and he chucked it at me, I started screaming, stood on it and popped it and burst into tears :rofl: he soon learnt!

xo

Husky dogs.
They send me into a meltdown...

Clowns. Terrified of them. NO idea when it started but they creep me out and just when doing psychology at college we studied phobias and made a presentation. One group was about to show a video on the fear of clowns (which included clowns) I cried and had a panic attack in the classroom. My tutor luckily knew as even my friend's crappy drawing of one earlier in the lesson had made me have to leave the classroom for a few minutes to collect myself lol. She made them not show it. x

People dressed up with their face covered, i can't get away quick enough :( also spiders, absolutely petrified of them.

Dark mirrors. :( Really big fish. Not like whales and sharks, that's fine. They are supposed to be big. But at Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO they have this wildlife museum with enormous bass and stuff. It was kind of late and the museum was closing and the lights in the aquariums were off and I peered into the top of one of them... and a HUGE white shape very slowly comes toward the surface and I fall back screaming. I run to my OH crying my eyes out and EVERYONE was staring at me. He still doesn't let me live it down. I also can't go fishing because I'm afraid of catching an oversized fish. Most people would be proud, but I caught a 10 lb walleye once... Bye bye fishing pole. I'm no longer invited fishing.

Lifts/elevators. Use to be petrified of them & wouldn't go in one alone. I can go in them on my own now but I'm still really nervous.
Pigeons. Hate them!

Cx

Spiders and clowns. The clowns fear came from watching the film 'It'.

I wouldn't say irrational fear but I really really don't like things with wings :haha:

Birds are a no go, id cross the street to avoid a pigeon. Butterflies/bees/moths anything that flys!

Also hate anything going near my eyes, just cannot stand it. Could never let anyone put mascara on me etc., dont do eye tests, eye drops.... Also hate crowded shops because im scared something will poke me in the eye :haha: This sounds ridiculous but anyone been in a 'sports soccer' shop? Far too many rsilings/hangers at eye level :haha:

I always used to walk into those railings & sticky out bits in soccer sports!

Kai I'll remember not to get you a dead insect & a balloon for your birthday then :|

I'm irrationally scared of spiders, daddy long legs, clowns, people in the V For Vendetta mask :cry:, dark mirrors & the girl from the ring :lol:

I watched 'it' at a young age at a sleep over from that day i scream amd cry if i see a clown i shake so much just talking aboit them makes me feel funny....
I hate jeepers creepers man he freaks me out big time...
Cant stand red balloons same reason as clowns...
I also hate lady birds have no idea why but i freak if i see one..
I hate people dressed up like kids pantomine stuff it scares me.to death..

I've got a crazy phobia of potatoes :shrug:
And I'm scared of the dark haha :oops:

I cant go near edges like things like the edge of the platform at a train station, I stand about 3 meters back!

Eek.
I have a phobia of wait for it..... Phobias!!
I have a phobia of fear and its awful can really play on your mind.

I have a lot of phobias.:lol:
The dark (I HATE the dark and can't sleep in the dark if I'm sleeping alone), mirrors at night time, people touching my eyes, clowns, flying insects (moths, daddy long legs etc), people in masks, fish, sharks, wind farms (they actually make me vomit), public speaking, going in cars when other people are driving, planes (if we were meant to fly we'd have wings), talking on the phone... That;s all I can think of for now but I have loads :lol:

I do have another but dare I say it...........lots of circles. Runs and hides <<

clusters of circles, I cant show example cause it will give me the heeby jeebies lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->