Irrational Phobias?

:rofl: some of these are mad! I'm so glad :lol:
Lea, do you ever actually leave your house then? :haha:

MidnightFairy I know what you mean about clusters of circles, I'm the same but only when they're in the skin :sick: a man came into work today, and had been to Thailand, and he got bitten like 7times and they turned into absesses and they had to be cut out of his skin and left gaping holes OMG :nope: he showed me a pic too.

I wonder how the hell these phobias are created??

xo

Thought of another, wet swimming pool changing room floors, especially with plasters, tissue or hair on :sick:

I can't do it, I panic & go into overdrive :lol:

I'm terrified of bridges/ balconies/ windows that go all the way to ground on floors 2+ (but not height though). I don't know why, but I am terrified if we have to drive (or walking is even worse) over a bridge and won't stand anywhere near the edge if I am not on the first floor. I won't even walk over those little bridges in the mall on the second floor to get to the other side, I have to walk all the way to the end, so I can stay by the wall. I'm a pilot too and have no problem in a plane at all. I even loved doing stalls.

Heights, spiders, custard and the worst is ladybugs, all of those things freak me out to the point of hysterical crying and hyperventilating :blush:

My daughter is terrified of buttons. She started about 18months and has remained so. She is now 13 and her life has been taken over by it. Going in a clothes shop means she has to make sure none touch her. she does have to wear them for school, but I make my own covered buttons and she is allowed them on her uniform instead of the plastic ones. she will not hug you if you are wearing buttons, she knows how many buttons each person has on and it really does control her life.

For me it is heights. I don't like bridges. I live near the humber bridge and often have to travel accross to teach my craft classes or do a childrens party. I drive in the middle lane and once got stopped by the police for lane hogging when there was nothing in the left hand lane. I burst into tears and they just laughed when I told them.

What a shame, your poor daughter! Isn't it strange how people develop these strange things??

I'm not that bad with heights but I don't really like them.. There's a bridge going over the main road at the end of our street. When I was younger I constantly had a dream that I had to cross it but the railings were missing and I always fell off.. Woke up before I hit the ground tho lol x

I'm terrified of seaweed... I can't go in the sea if I have to walk over it, or in case in wraps round my toes! Eep!

Seeing under the sea. My idea of hell is a glass bottomed boat. I'm petrified by what I MIGHT see.
I also hate it when they give underwater shots in a film, particularly if there's a huge boat hull coming towards you. I think I drowned in the sea in a previous life as swimming pools don't bother me at all, neither does being in the sea.

Spiders, horses, and ....... Wet tissue paper. Makes me vomit

I have a really weird phobia - tupperware boxes! Especially if they contain other people's lunch/soup etc.

I remember at my last job before I became a SAHM, people used to have loads of tupperware boxes in the kitchen at work and I just felt physically sick when I saw them. If anyone gives us anything in a box like that, I just can't do anything with it - DH has to dispose of the contents (or use them himself!) and deal with the box!

Bats I'm so scared of them one once flew into my face

I have alot of the 'normal' ones - spiders, lifts, clowns, needles etc but by biggest one is blood. I cant even stand saying the word, i pass out if i see any and blood tests send me into a mini meltdown! I also cant stand the word vein/artery :sick: i feel faint just writing it! Its so bad i cant stand anyone touching my wrist/backs of leg/ankles/necks... ergh... gonna go be sick now lol

I'm terrified of squirrels. I never used to be, but when I was around 14 years old we had squirrels get into our loft and could hear the putter patter of their feet above my bedroom and ever since I've just hated them! The term for a phobia of squirrels is sciuriphobia!

i'm the same with veins and needles! don't know how i'll cope when i get my BFP!

I'm scared of people dressed up I actually run through bluewater shopping centre at7months pregnant to get away from the bear factory as there was a kids party with someone dressed as a rabbit, I genuinely thought I was gonna be killed!
The other day we went to asda and there was someone dressed as peppa pig I waited in the car sweating and my heart racing as I was to scared to walk past:blush:.

Sharks I mean I know Im never going to see one, but I'm scared of the bath because of this I'm petrified to lay down in it :dohh:. Oh thinks im mad! I panic even at a picture! Especially when there looking all teethy :cry:.
Every seaside we go to its the first question I ask! "do you reckon theirs sharks here:dohh:". Atleast once a week I dream about them, I'm scared to have my feet hanging off anything as you never know lol.

A fear of falling! Sitting in the car scares me getting out of it scares me as I have this totally irrational fear that my feet are gonna somehow get caught in the seat belt and I fall smack face down on the pavement actually makes me feel sick when I'm in the car thinking of it :blush:.

i'm the same with veins and needles! don't know how i'll cope when i get my BFP!

My sister is exactly the same. She can't even say the word. She faints throws up shakes has full blown panic attacks when shes about to see one

These are so interesting!! I find it mad the physical and mental affect it has.on.us whenever we are faced with whatever phobia we have. Its like i know the dead bug wont harm me but golly its still terrifying :nope:

makes no sense!!

xp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back