Irregular after MC - Updated Pg2 - More Questions

lol2811

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick bit of background. DH and I have been TTC for coming up a year now, back in April DH had a SA done and morphology and motility were a problem, at the time he was a smoker but he stopped the day we got the results and he is haveing another test done in a few weeks to see if that has helped, fingers crossed!!!

Anyway, you can imagine my suprise when 4 weeks after these results I got a BFP!! Unfortunately I started to bleed in the evening of 17th May and MC was confirmed.

I took the following day as CD1 and was very pleased (if you can say it that way) when AF showed up almost on time (prior to this I had a 28 day cycle, give or take a day, and I ov around CD15 with the help of soy). So this first cycle was 31 days.

I thought great, almost back to normal straight away. I made a decision at this point to stop charting and try and take a bit more of a relaxed approach, but then my next cycle was 26 days.

The cycle that I am now on I decided to use up some old OPK's I had. I was only able to test from CD12 till CD17, but didnt have a + (was only testing in afternoons). We were BD every other day but only got to CD14 as I then started spotting.

I am now on CD29, no sign of AF although I am almost certain I am out this month as I think I must have ov after CD14 and so missed the window.

Is this common and is there anything I can do to help things?

Sorry for the long post.

Unfortunately I think it's a waiting game. I naturally have long irregular cycles and understand your frustration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hopefully you'll have your sticky bean soon xxx

It is common to have irregular cycles after a MC, I had normal 28 day cycles prior to my first MC and usually ovulated on CD 14. After my first cycle, I started ovulating on CD 22 and cycles were lasting about a week longer. Then got a BFP for the next time, which also ended in MC. After the second MC, my cycles went back to normal! It was weird. But I know it is common for cycles to become irregular and unpredictable after Mc.

It is common to have irregular cycles after a MC, I had normal 28 day cycles prior to my first MC and usually ovulated on CD 14. After my first cycle, I started ovulating on CD 22 and cycles were lasting about a week longer. Then got a BFP for the next time, which also ended in MC. After the second MC, my cycles went back to normal! It was weird. But I know it is common for cycles to become irregular and unpredictable after Mc.

Exactly what she said. My cycles were 27 days. The cycle after MC was 34, but I was still geting BFP, from the first BFN to my first AF it ws 27 days. This past cycle I am not even sure I O'd by the OPKs, but have a very short surge so could have easily missed it. I am almost 2 days late now and all BFN and no signs of AF, so who the heck knows. It is sooooo frustrating. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I know that it isn't uncommon to have irregular cycles after a mc. I already had long irregular cycles and now waiting on my 1st :af: to show after my mmc. It's sooo frustrating to wait and wonder what the heck is going on in there. Hang in there. Hopefully your body will get back on track real soon.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

As you have said it is a frustrating waiting game just so desperately want to see that BFP.

Babydust to you all xxx

Hi I have just posted the same sort of question about me my cycle has gone funny after my mc I have had 1 AF and I think I should be due for the next one any day now but I'm just want it sort it self out.

hiya i normally have a 30 day cycle. after my 1st mc my cycle went straight back to normal. then 3 months ago i had a 2nd mc and my first cycle after that was 33 days 2nd month was 29 days and my 3rd month was 29 days im due af in 3days if its going to stick at 29 days now otherwise will be another wait and see month. i was told it can take up to 3 months for your cycle to return to normal but im on month 4 and still not back to 30 days hope this helps

CD33 today and still nothing yet

I know how you feel. I'm on CD41 and no clue what's going on. I feel like my body keeps trying to O but doesn't quite get there and tries again. :dohh: I've got a follow up appt this afternoon with an u/s so hopefully we'll see what's going on.

Good luck to you!

Hope the appointment went well.

Still nothing my end. I feel abit odd, cant really explain it, keep expecting when I go to the loo that AF will have made an appearance but nothing yet.

I will be seeing my doctor at some point this week or next so will discuss with him then I think.

Update:

SO AF has now arrived on CD35 so i have now had 3 cycles after the MC - 31, 26, 34 days.

All of which have been heavier than pre-MC which I know can happen, but I am also having clots which i am very worried about, what can this mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->