irregular bleeding after c section?

mummyzilla

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced irregular bleeding after having a c section?

I had the normal 3 week bleed after delivery then had 2 weeks of non bleeding but experienced a small breakthrough bleed of bright red blood for 2 days, then I started taking the progestron only pill which was fine for a further 2 weeks then I had 10 days light bleeding so I figured pop wasnt for me so I stopped taking it, my bleeding stopped for about a week then started up again for 5 days and stopped for about 5 days now Im bleeding again!!!!!!

is this normal? Do you think its just an imbalance after all hormonal changes in my body with pregnancy and pill changes?
also experiencing TERRIBLE pmt!!!!!!

Im not sure hun as I only experienced the 2 weeks of bleeding immediately after my c section and then my normal periods started up 4 weeks after that (6 weeks after my section).

I never went back on any form of contraception so it could well be down to that though. Or a mixture of that and just the fact that your body has been through so much. I'm sure it'll settle down soon enough. Have you had your 6 week check up? If you're worried mention it then or if you've already had it maybe see your dr but I'm sure it's just your body getting back to normal.

X

Hi, I've had pretty much the same thing. Three weeks bleeding after a c section then three weeks of nothing. Started progesteron only pill and within days started bleeding. That was 6 weeks ago and I've bled off and on since. I put it down to hormones and everything my body has been through (my c section wasn't straight forward and I lost a lot of blood.)

Went to the doctors about it today. She's put me on a course of antibiotics in case it's an infection and is sending me for a scan to check there is nothing left in my womb. If that's clear and I'm still bleeding in two weeks she will change my pill.

Not sure what the outcome will be but glad she's doing something. May be worth a trip to your doctor too!

HTH! X

I had 4/5 weeks of bleeding after my section. Then my first cycle was 2.5 weeks long and SOOOOO frigging heavy. Then I had another cycle last weekend and started my pill and my cycle lasted 3.5 days but was extremely heavy again.

I got really worried and spoke to the doctor about it as I was having to change my pad every 20 mins and was really clotting but she said it was normal to bleed for ages as your body is still getting rid of all the gunk.

As long as it doesn't smell it's not an infection. If you are worried go speak to your doctor again though as there is occasionally a small chance your womb might not of closed properly.

Thanks guys, well I had my c section 4 months ago and the bleeding has been off and on and ofcourse I have had the messing round with the pill, think I will make an appointment to see doc this week x

Hi, I need some advice, I had a c section 10 weeks ago and I bled for 6 weeks after that as it started to end and I had a period then I was blood free for 10 days went back on the pill and am now bleeding again when I shouldn't be, it's a watery red loss mixed with a little discharge sorry for tmi!! Anyway been like that for 6 days it's not tailing off and I have got a dull drawing ache in my back and pelvis! Anyone else had anything like this?? Thanks for your help in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->