Irregular cycles anyone want to chat about this?? (Bit of a rant)

Mommy_DK

Reaction score
My cycles have been irregular for yrs sometimes 45 days apart sometimes 30 sometimes 35-40, so I've always had a difficult time knowing when to test! (Very frustrating)

I skipped a whole month in December and didn't have an AF until January first and during that time I started using maca to help regulate my cycles.

In February AF came on the 15th. Assuming that the maca has helped regulate things (based off of over all mood and stress reduction) I would have been due for AF on the 15th (yesterday) but so far no monthly symptoms and no AF !

I tested twice using FRER five days before AF was due.. Both bfn :wacko:

If my cycles are still irregular I may not be due until the 1st of April or who knows when so once again i am left confused and frustrated.

I am going tonight to get another test but this time probably just a regular cheapy test (I've had better results with these in the past) I'll test tonight and then again in April if AF still hasn't shown up. :af:

So far I'm super bloated, like 3 months pregnant looking, extremely tired and thirsty. So far so good.

P.s. The maca has truly truly worked miracles for myself and my husband! Our skin looks really really great and glowy and our moods are better than ever. Lately we've been cheerful and relaxed and our sex drive is through the roof! I highly suggest it especially to you ladies here that are TTC as it helps aid in the process! All good things from maca so far !

I guess I better start a journal instead of ranting. Hope I can help someone going through the same problems.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :grr:

I have just hit cycle day 107 and only just had a positive ovulation test. no af since getting implant out at the end of november. when ttc #2 i was getting af every 2/3 months so this is the longest iv gone without af

oh and it seriously bugs me that all apps etc you find only work properly for people with irregular periods upto 35 days.. urgh lol

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :grr:

I have just hit cycle day 107 and only just had a positive ovulation test. no af since getting implant out at the end of november. when ttc #2 i was getting af every 2/3 months so this is the longest iv gone without af

oh and it seriously bugs me that all apps etc you find only work properly for people with irregular periods upto 35 days.. urgh lol

Well yaaaay!! You're ovulating! :happydance: this maybe your month :happydance: and yes that bugs the crap out of me too , hello there are women with much longer cycles! Is this baby # three for you?

:wave: yey i know i was so excited to see the smiley face on my clear blue haha anyone would have thought it was a bfp the way i went on at dh lol.. it sure will be #3... we had said 2 was enough but want to give it one last shot to try for a girl :cloud9:

they really need to make some kind of tracking app for us ladies with wonky cycles.. would be so nice xx

:wave: yey i know i was so excited to see the smiley face on my clear blue haha anyone would have thought it was a bfp the way i went on at dh lol.. it sure will be #3... we had said 2 was enough but want to give it one last shot to try for a girl :cloud9:

they really need to make some kind of tracking app for us ladies with wonky cycles.. would be so nice xx

Lol lol I would have gone on about the positive o test too! Lol that is where it all begins! And yay! # 3 :thumbup: :winkwink:

we have 3 and it's not as much as we thought it would be ! Lol once you have two it's like ok bring it on! Which is what brings us to #4! Two boys? Such a blessing! We're going for another boy ourselves , 2 girls and one boy here . Hope he's on his way :baby:

Lol lol I would have gone on about the positive o test too! Lol that is where it all begins! And yay! # 3 :thumbup: :winkwink:

we have 3 and it's not as much as we thought it would be ! Lol once you have two it's like ok bring it on! Which is what brings us to #4! Two boys? Such a blessing! We're going for another boy ourselves , 2 girls and one boy here . Hope he's on his way :baby:

:haha: yeah its especially nice to see one after such a long cycle.. i at least know my body is doing what its supposed to be.

oo thats good to hear, I was kind of worried it would be super hard going from 2 to 3.

yes i have Seth who is 4 and ethan who has just turned one. I am reaaalllyy hoping for a girl but it will be loved no matter what we have. Good luck hun :D I really hope you get another little boy to even things out.. my sister had 2 girls and then 2 boys... thats whats making me hope i have a girl lol

We are planning on keeping our pregnancy a secret for as long as possible... even as far as 20ish weeks.. i know its not going to be met with any congratulations from my family so we are saving ourselves the heartache xx

Hey,

Please can I ask, what form do you take the Maca, how much and how often?

I usually have regular cycles but I am breastfeeding and just got my period back so they are still all over the place. I know that is not quite the same as what you are dealing with but I'm getting a little taste of what you are going through! I got through a crazy amount of OPKs and pregnancy tests last month and it turned out I wasn't testing at the right time anyway. If I stay irregular for long I might as well get shares in the company that makes the tests :).

I usually have regular cycles but I am breastfeeding and just got my period back so they are still all over the place. I know that is not quite the same as what you are dealing with but I'm getting a little taste of what you are going through! I got through a crazy amount of OPKs and pregnancy tests last month and it turned out I wasn't testing at the right time anyway. If I stay irregular for long I might as well get shares in the company that makes the tests :).

hey hun.. :haha::haha: that made me giggle. i think i need a share too! I havent been regularly testing.. i just had this sudden urge on saturday to test and i got my positive! I couldnt believe it.

It sucks having irregular periods for any reason.. all the having to guess when af is going to show is a nightmare lol x

The plus side of getting my period now is that after not having them for months because of breastfeeding I'm just glad I'm having them at all. I never thought I'd be so pleased to see af :).

I have been in search of an app to use too. I downloaded about 10 of them, lol. None of them are perfect for having irregular cycles, someone needs to make one that works well. I have just decided writing it down on real paper would be easier.

thats exactly how i feel this month. now i know iv ovulated i will be happy to see either af or a bfp just to know my bodies working again lol

I downloaded Fertilit Friend but i dont like that you only get a basic thing for free :S I liked it when i had the free trial but i begrudge paying for it. xx

I wouldn't mind paying for it as a once off but I don't like that if you stop paying for it you can't see all your info any more.

oo i didnt know that! that seriously sucks.. and they make it so expensive too. just to see a few more colours and tabs :S not fair! I wonder if there is another somewhere thats free but kind of similar xx

Side note: If you put your fertility friend ticker in your signature and people sign up after clicking on your chart you get a week or two free! That happened to me a bunch of times and I ended up with two months free. But then I took it out of my signature.

I have long cycles! Due to PCOS. Today I am CD59 but prior to that it had been since July! Eeeek.

Hey,

Please can I ask, what form do you take the Maca, how much and how often?

Hi!! And welcome! I am taking pill and powder form, with the pills I take two a day with food and water and when I run out of the pills I take two table spoons daily with juice after a meal.

The taste is awful and bitter but I feel great! Skin is glowing! I think my breast got a lot fuller and my hips got a little wider which doesn't bother me or hub at all lol :winkwink: I would start out by introducing your body in pill form first and then move into the powder if you do decide you want to take it

hey hun.. :haha::haha: that made me giggle. i think i need a share too! I havent been regularly testing.. i just had this sudden urge on saturday to test and i got my positive! I couldnt believe it.

It sucks having irregular periods for any reason.. all the having to guess when af is going to show is a nightmare lol x

:happydance::happydance::happydance::kiss: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo happy for you!! I hope you get that little princess you've been dreaming of!

I'm sure my family won't be happy about our #4 either, but I don't care at all this is what I want and what hub wants and if it makes us happy we're doing it! We're completing our family if you don't like it go away! So I know what you mean , I don't think we will share our bfp when we get it either , I don't want any negative energy floating around so early in our preg

Woooohoo I'm happy for you :happydance:

Side note: If you put your fertility friend ticker in your signature and people sign up after clicking on your chart you get a week or two free! That happened to me a bunch of times and I ended up with two months free. But then I took it out of my signature.

I have long cycles! Due to PCOS. Today I am CD59 but prior to that it had been since July! Eeeek.

Hi Jess! Thanks for that savings tip! Sorry to hear about your long cycles, it's the most frustrating thing to deal with. :nope:

Hey gals love to read about us gals with irregular cycles lol. I have to say charting your bbt (even without the bells and whistles version of FF) is the best way to track O and know when to test. Coming from years of ttc and totally effed cycles even the basic FF chart tells you what you basically need to know iykwim. I also was able to better use and not waste my opk's as well by charting. Anyways I love what I hear about maca...I didn't hear about it while ttc and used agnus castus which worked great but the extra sex drive would have come in handy a few times lol:blush: Maybe trying for baby number 2 I'll use it and vitex and see what happens.

Good luck gals and chart those bbts!

Hello ladies I've been ttc for over a year and I'm now nearly on cd200! The last few days I've felt I just can't be bothered anymore and I didn't do a Opk Until Sunday night and it was fairly dark and today's was a little lighter but still dark and then it got even lighter but tbh I won't get excited because I most likely haven't ovulated and sometimes get a positive Opk and not ovulate :( I've been taking inositol for just over a month now and it's worked wonders my temps don't seem as rocky as they were before I'm now on progesterone cream to bring on Af (hopefully)x the OH said to me relax it will happen when it happens and it drives me mad when he says that!

I've now ordered dong quai to see how that works any of you tried that? x

Hey gals love to read about us gals with irregular cycles lol. I have to say charting your bbt (even without the bells and whistles version of FF) is the best way to track O and know when to test. Coming from years of ttc and totally effed cycles even the basic FF chart tells you what you basically need to know iykwim. I also was able to better use and not waste my opk's as well by charting. Anyways I love what I hear about maca...I didn't hear about it while ttc and used agnus castus which worked great but the extra sex drive would have come in handy a few times lol:blush: Maybe trying for baby number 2 I'll use it and vitex and see what happens.

Good luck gals and chart those bbts!

Hi pandi!! :hi: Glad you stopped by with your wonderful news!!! :happydance: you're preggo !!!! :happydance: so happy for you too! I am currently waiting on hub to bring another test home. Since we are getting so close to the end of march and me and hub have been :sex: every other day I am going to try to test again in the AM!

If I don't get my bfp I will def be charting my bbt as you suggested! Seems like it may be very helpful. The Maca is just WONDERFUL . Our libidos yes are through the roof, just what we (especially hub) needed! :haha: We are hooked!

Congrats again sweetie! Love your profile pic :cloud9: beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->