irregular gestational sac??

kayla93

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I am freaking out a little bit. I had some spotting over the weekend, and, long story short, they had me come into the ER, tried to do an ultrasound, but since my organs are all pushed over to the left side, the doctor couldnt find anything with the abdominal ultrasound.

Fast forward to today, and they called me in to get a transvaginal ultrasound done in the clinic. I am supposed to be 6 weeks 3 days, and the gestational sac only measured 5 weeks 4 days. the doctor said she wasn't too worried about it, but has me coming in for a follow up ultrasound in two weeks to see if the baby is progressing. She could not see anything other than the gestational sac. She also said I have a subchorionic bleed, which to me looked to be about half of the size of the gestational sac. She was not too worried about it but again i have a follow up ultrasound in two weeks to check on it.

After getting home, i read the note the doctor left in my chart online, and it said that the gestational sac is irregular. not much else was said about it, and the doctor never mentioned it to me.

Has anyone had any of this happen? or have any ideas? I am terrified I am going to have a miscarriage, but the doctor seemed confident i was ok. Please help! Thanks in advance!

I had a irregular sac, discovered a little later at 8 weeks. i had to wait two weeks to see what would happen (I was spotting too because I had implantation bleeding that lasted all the way through til 10 weeks!) Everything was fine after that scan, it had sorted itself out. x
I hope this helps you have some faith <3

thank you. that does help. I am just so nervous and the doctors are saying there isnt anything we can do until the ultrasound in two weeks. and two weeks is a long time to wait when you have no idea whats going on.

I 100% understand. It was the longest two weeks ever. The only way I consoled myself was by drinking lots. In my head it seemed like I was helping!
I am hoping for the best news for you xxx

Hope u don't mind me asking, atomic pink did they see a heartbeat at ur 8 week scan?
Going through something similar

Hi, I had sch at 6weeks and a terrible ultrasound report. I saw hb in the US room, but in report it said 'no hb detectable - viability worrisome' The doctor reviewing the technicians report & sending it out was clearly not 'with it'.
Our babies are so tiny in the first weeks, and ultrasound are good, but can't always provide accurate images. And they are handled by People, and you can have a good tech or sometimes a bad one! Not everyone is good at his job. Just try relaxing and see what happens. Wishing you the best!

Hope u don't mind me asking, atomic pink did they see a heartbeat at ur 8 week scan?

Yes, at 8 weeks you should generally be able to see a heartbeat. Your dates could be out a bit though x

Yes, at 8 weeks you should generally be able to see a heartbeat. Your dates could be out a bit though x

Thanks hun, I'm positive on ov
They measured me at 6 weeks no hb, rescan Friday coming.it was abdominal scan can only hope it wasn't clear enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->