irregular periods but TTC

TTC firstbaby

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to this sight, sorry if I dont know all the lingo :D My husband and I have been married a little over a year and 3 months. We have been using the pull out method for about a year, with no problems. Now we have been TTC for about 2 months, my periods ever since I could remember have been really irregular. I have been using a ovulation calander to track them as well. Last month we used to calander and have sex on my most fertile days, I am 6 days late according to the calander for this month but who knows if thats accurate. Could I be pregnant?!?!? the only different feelings I have been having is I am gassy and have a small pain in my lower back.
*Does anyone else have irregular periods they range anywhere from 26-50 days in a cycle :(*
Any help would be great!!

Yes!! I'm the same... Typically 30-33 days but the last two cycles have been like 58 and 47 days or something like that... I'm worried it's going to make ttc nearly impossible... Not really going to tcc until January... But that like a week away! Try tracking your symptoms too so you can see if you have any symptoms when you OV. Also have you taken a hpt to see if you are pregnant?! What cycle day are you on now?

I'm really lost too. I have been tacking my period for the last 4 months so I know it's not long enough to notice a pattern but the thing is, my period have been going from 34 to 21 days. That's quite a big difference isn't it? I'm not sure. Also the last two months ive been spotting before my period. That isnt normal for me. Is it possible that once you ttc problems can start showing up... Because since we have been ttc I've been spotting!

Hi,
I have been having majorly irregular periods for a year - I have been known to go two months with no period, and often my periods were just very light spotting for a couple of days.
But don't let it worry you that it automatically means getting pregnant will be difficult - me and my husband conceived after just a few months of NTNP. I think doctors recommend having sex every 2 or 3 days - that way there will be always be recent sperm in there whenever the egg is released!
If you are worried though, go to your gp and they should do a blood test to see if there is any hormonal reason for the irregular periods - mine did when I said I wanted to start a family soon.
Good luck!

Hi, ever since i started having periods they were always irregular. as in, one every few months. i never had a period every month. i even went 7 months without a period. but now, me and my fiance are ttc, and have been for more than a year. just recently, last 3 months, i have been feeling bloated, back pain, chest pains, one sided cramps, and all three months for 3 days out of one week in each month i was bleeding. but very light and very little. (light pink) i just got off my most recent, "period" yesterday, and woke up this morning with lower abdomen pains and nausea. if any one can tell me if its possible for me to conceive, or what im feeling? please, i hate not knowing.

I have always had irregular periods mine has went as long as 2yrs without one most the time its anywhere from 6months to a year I went to the Dr he had me do a Internal and external ultrasound and did some blood work to be sure I didn't have an extra male gene that would make my hormones out of wack BUT everything came back Normal So as of this last year my bf and me have been TTC the Dr put me on metformin to help me regulate and it worked for 7months and I was having my period regular but since August I have only been having my periods ever other month! So I am in the same boat and I feel like I have NO clue when I am ovulating because I am Irregular its so frustrating and sad :cry:

I'm with you girls- we're NTNP, my cycles are all over the place so I don't know if this is *it* (been symptom spotting the last few days) or when I should even test! Driving me nuts!

I'm with you girls- we're NTNP, my cycles are all over the place so I don't know if this is *it* (been symptom spotting the last few days) or when I should even test! Driving me nuts!

I was in exactly your situation last year! My OH kept laughing at me cos I was testing all the time, but it was only cos I had no idea when I should! It's really frustrating but if it makes you feel any better, we conceived in just a 2-3 months of NTNP (it sadly ended in miscarriage) so irregular periods do not necessarily mean you will have any trouble getting that BFP :hugs:
Hopefully you will get your BFP soon and can stop testing hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->