irregular womb lining after mmc, retained pregnancy product???

P

pickle85

Hey all

Im really hoping someone can help me.

I had medical management for a MMC on June 18th. (was told this was a better option than a D and C...LIES)

Since then my periods have been heavier, with spotting inbetween. Had to go for a scan yesterday to check on a cyst they found at a previous scan. When the sonographer scanned me she said my womb lining looked 'irregular' and it could be retained 'pregnancy product'

Does anyone know what this will mean? Will i have to have an operation? Does it also mean I wont fall pregnant again until its sorted out? finally feeling like im back on track and started trying again and now this. :cry:

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. :flower:

I don't know much but didn't want to read and run...

I recently had a ERPC (D&C) after a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks.

If you still have retained products then you will probably have to have D&C to remove it.
You won't be able to get pregnant until this is removed as your body will still be thinking it is pregnant as there is some tissue left.

I would not be scared about the procedure, I had it and it was painless really. Its done under general anaesthetic and takes 10-15 minutes max.
I woke up with slight period style pains which were gone within minutes when I took paracetamol. I had hardly any bleeding afterwards (mainly spotting) and that stopped after a couple of days.

I know its hard as you probably feel as if you've taken a backwards step but after the procedure, your periods etc should return to normal pretty quickly

Sorry you're going through this hun, :hugs:

Thankyou, I thought that would be the case...what a nightmare this is turning out to be. Thankyou for replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->