Irritable Bowel Syndrome

suzan

Reaction score
Anyone suffers from it?

The cramp is still there for the past 3 days!! cr@p!! It's annoying!!!:dohh:

I am taking some pills doc prescribed me to..

What do u do to ease the pain?

:hugs: I don't suffer from it but I have a niece who does and I know how painful it can be. No ideas on anything that will make it better, I'll ask her if I can catch her online :hugs:

Yes, I had it for years. Doctors didn't believe me when I complained about my digestive problem. Finally, a doctor listened to me and I was on dicetel daily for a few years.

Funny enough, the problem corrected itself after my first pregnancy. I have issues a bit around my period each month, but other than that, I am fine.

It's tough, I know. When my stomach is bothering me and I am bloated a warm bath helps to soothe it as well as a hot water bottle. Try drinking more water, or warm liquids such as lemon water.

I am an avid coffee drinker and that helps loosen the bowels too. But I won't suggest that to everyone. Too much coffee is not good.

Another thing, eat frequent lighter meals throughout the day rather than a few large meals. It tended to be easier on my system.

Also, if you go to your local pharmacy they may have tablets such as Gaviscon that help with gas pains. They help some!

And, one more thing. The daily prescription that they give you may not be taken if you are pregnant. I had to quit when the doctor confirmed my first pregnancy.

Make sure you discuss that with your doctor when you find out you are pregnant.

I had it ever since i was 12 years old..but as Leeanne said mine disappeared after my pregnancy! Wierd! It isnt a nice thing to live with, i was given allsorts but unfortunatelly none of them helped me a gtreat deal. :( I did find though that eating smaller meals helped ease it and also eating slower aswell as avoiding drinking tea and fizzy drinks. I also had to limit the amount of potato and pasta that i ate and stopped eating pastry and bread completly..was very hard to do! Ifound i needed to make sure i ate plenty of fruit and salads and drink more water for my bowels to function better. Massaging my tummy tend to ease the uncomfortablness of the bloating and doing a few gentle excersizes although i know u may not feel like it!

I hope that yours is just a temporary thing and it eventually sorts itself out hun! Be warned! Poor diet, too much alcohol and lots of stress make it heaps worse and can also be part of the cause, so avoid all these. xx

Sorry you're feeling so rough. Hope it's eased up a bit now. I've suffered with it for years. I've tried all sorts that the doc's prescribed but none of it really worked. For me I can tend to control it with my diet and allbran is my best friend! Every now and then I still get a really bad 'attack' on average it lasts for about 5 days with really bad pain not cramping but kind of stabbing and twisting pains. Not very helpful am I sorry

I havent got IBS but I do have CBM (Cronic Bowel Mobility) and the cramps are horrible I have to take lots of laxative every night just to get me to go like a normal person would. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

xx

I have suffered from IBS for 10 years and I know how debilitating it can be. Here are a few things I would advise:

1. When bloated and in pain, try lying on your tummy for a while or going for a walk. Sitting makes it worse.

2. Wear looser clothing on days when it's bad as tighter waistbands can make it worse.

3. NEVER put off the urge to use the loo...otherwise you're asking for trouble. If you put it off you are likely to end up being unable to go, and in a lot of pain.

4. Exercise whenever you can.

5. Get yourself tested for food intolerances or allergies. A lot of people (myslf included, once!), guess that they should stop eating certain things, e.g. wheat, but they can be way off the mark. In fact it can be something completely unexpected causing the problem. Also, although salads help some people, they don't help me as my body finds it hard to digest raw salad products. Lightly cooked veggies are better for some people.

6. Definitely eat smaller and more often, and drink plenty of fluids. Warm drinks can help to get things moving when you think it's time to use the loo!

7. The medication my doc prescribed only worked for a limited period as my body adjusted to it. The second lot of meds also lost their effectiveness after a while. I have found it better to self-manage the situation.

8. I have found that home cooking upsets me less than pre-prepared meals and sauces. Time consuming, but I always cook extra so that I can freeze some for mid-week easy meals!

Hope at least some of this helps a little! Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"