Irritable Uterus support

Baby321, don't forget to keep well hydrated as well.

I hope everyone's doing okay and coping with it all! I've now had IU for 17 weeks and baby's still sitting tight, so apart from the pain/discomfort and frustration of it all, and the attitude of medical professionals, hopefully my story can help those of you who haven't reached this far stay positive. I'm well out of the danger zone now but still very frustrating having contractions all day every day 8-15 minutes apart. Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy.

:hugs:

Now fingers crossed that all your contractions have primed your uterus for a nice, short and completely pain free birth :winkwink:
Ah we can all only dream, eh?

Baby321, don't forget to keep well hydrated as well.

I hope everyone's doing okay and coping with it all! I've now had IU for 17 weeks and baby's still sitting tight, so apart from the pain/discomfort and frustration of it all, and the attitude of medical professionals, hopefully my story can help those of you who haven't reached this far stay positive. I'm well out of the danger zone now but still very frustrating having contractions all day every day 8-15 minutes apart. Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy.

:hugs:

I have been trying to keep hydrated. It is quite difficult to drink alot of water. Last couple of days I have had some good mornings. I have been able to do the housework myself in the morning, evenings my mum has continued to help me.

ReadyorNot, glad you have passed the 36 week mark. Wish you the best of luck with your birth. Are you ready for the birth? Is this your first baby? have you got everything in place for baby? have you got your hospital bag ready?

Sorry, for throwing all these questions at you.

I am due for a section on the 7th September, feeling a bit nervous. I have under 12 weeks to go. I am glad for everyday passing but getting nervous about the section :hugs::hugs:

I think my IU flares are directly related to baby having growth spurts. This week I had a lot of contractions. Went to the doctor’s office on Wednesday and they put me on the monitor. Contractions were very irregular and baby was doing great. They checked my cervix and I had not dilated. They said since I was 35+ weeks they felt comfortable sending me home to rest and hydrate. Which I did.. I drank like 4L of water and the contractions stopped. They said starting Monday (my 36wk mark) I don’t even need to be concerned with the contractions anymore. They will no longer try to stop my labor. Just to come in when they are regular and strong (or my water breaks).

I’m looking forward to Monday just so I don’t have to fret over it anymore. I don’t think baby will come early. If all of these contractions over the past 2 months haven’t changed my cervix I don’t think my cervix will change until real labor strikes....

My doctor said being over hydrated will do the opposite of being dehydrated. Makes the uterus water logged and can’t contract. So drink drink drink.. Esp in this heat!

I think my IU flares are directly related to baby having growth spurts. This week I had a lot of contractions. Went to the doctor’s office on Wednesday and they put me on the monitor. Contractions were very irregular and baby was doing great. They checked my cervix and I had not dilated. They said since I was 35+ weeks they felt comfortable sending me home to rest and hydrate. Which I did.. I drank like 4L of water and the contractions start. They said starting Monday (my 36wk mark) I don’t even need to be concerned with the contractions anymore. They will no longer try to stop my labor. Just to come in when they are regular and strong (or my water breaks).

I’m looking forward to Monday just so I don’t have to fret over it anymore. I don’t think baby will come early. If all of these contractions over the past 2 months haven’t changed my cervix I don’t think my cervix will change until real labor strikes....

My doctor said being over hydrated will do the opposite of being dehydrated. Makes the uterus water logged and can’t contract. So drink drink drink.. Esp in this heat!

Tigergaille, Yay for nearly reaching the 36 week mark. Good luck with the birth of your baby! Do you know what you are having? What number baby is this?:hugs:

Now fingers crossed that all your contractions have primed your uterus for a nice, short and completely pain free birth :winkwink:
Ah we can all only dream, eh?
Emerald, thanks, that's exactly what I'm hoping! I want as natural a delivery as possible but because of a previous myomectomy 17 months ago they have told me they will only allow me to labour for 4 hours before whisking me off for a c-section, so maybe these IU contractions will spare me that...

ReadyorNot, glad you have passed the 36 week mark. Wish you the best of luck with your birth. Are you ready for the birth? Is this your first baby? have you got everything in place for baby? have you got your hospital bag ready?
Baby321, thank you hon! I'm ready for the birth mentally but still have quite a lot to do around the house and running out of time. This is indeed my first baby and my hospital bag is only half-packed... oops...

I think it's great that your mum's helping you out - all I do is fight with my mum and it's getting to be such a drag.
Don't be nervous about your c-section. Is it for a medical reason or personal choice? Either way, don't let it worry you, I'm sure it'll all be fine.

And I totally agree, it's really hard to drink all that water but it's so necessary. I've found that it's easier depending on what I drink it out of. Sounds crazy but a sports bottle or a big glass makes it easier for me. A small glass or a regular water bottle and it's harder. Can't think of any good reason for that.

Tiger, yaay for reaching 36 weeks tmorrow, and glad the water is helping.

:hugs: to all!

I am having my c-section for medical reasons, have had problems with dilating with all my last three pregnancies. Consultant said its definitely a c-section this time and to make it my last one or else I will be asking for it.

Wanted a boy but on the 20 week scan it looked like my last one will be another girl. I haven't asked but when the sonographer was looking at baby's potty shot there was nothing between legs. I am happy that baby is healthy. I have got used to the idea that most likely it will be another girl, its just that people especially relatives make alot of comments, so not looking forward to that. OH really wanted a boy so i feel like I have failed him :hugs:

i guess my IU left me confused about when my labour actually began - but at least it was quick...

from my journal:

Around midnight my contractions started to get a bit more painful than usual- actually the pain was all concentrated in one fibroid.

The contractions were 8 minutes apart and I happened to be on skype with my hubby, who refused to put the call down.

I had to go to the toilet 4 times and evacuate my bowels each time (sorry for TMI) and by 3am the contractions were more intense and 3 minutes apart.

By 6am the contractions were back to back and I had also thrown up and at 6:45 I lost my plug and finally started to believe I might be in labour.

My hubby said I should go to the hospital but I was afraid of being too early and getting sent home, or that my labour would go on for more than 4 hours and I'd end up with a C-section. So I did nothing.

My mum came downstairs around 7:30 and saw me on all fours whincing a little and asked if I needed an ambulance. I said no but she went upstairs to change. She came back around 8:00 and I said I needed the loo. She said not to go to the loo because she didn't want her grandchild born in the toilet bowl. She dragged me off the loo but I only got as far as the bathroom door as I needed to push.

I knelt down in a sort of squat and my mum dialled 999. While she was on the phone to 999 she was asked to examine me (remember she trained as a midwife many moons ago) and said she could see the water sac. Suddenly it burst all over her and the floor. 5 minutes later the paramedics walked in and 30 seconds later my little boy was born at 8:30am! Placenta followed 3 minutes later.

We were transferred to hospital because I was bleeding (all under control now) and they're keeping us in overnight because baby's only 5lb 4oz.

That's all from me for now! Will post a pic in due course.

Oh my goodness!!!! Good job mom! I would have been so scared. Sounds like you handled it wonderfully! Congrats!

Oh Wow!!!!!!!! A big Congrats to you on the birth of your baby boy! I bet your glad your mum was a midwife x

You made it to the end after all them contractions. Sending you lots of hugs x

Is this thread still active? I'm guessing most of you are close to your due dates or have delivered by now, but I thought i'd try! I'm 23 w 3 days pregnant and have been having these annoying contractions since 13 weeks :(

I also have a subchorionic hemorrhage which is slowly shrinking, but causes a lot of irritation too. I wonder if i'd have IU if it weren't for the SCH?? I had IU with my first pregnancy too. He was born at 36 +1 after my water broke the day before. Interestingly, they had to induce me! I think I had BV which caused my water to break, but was never retested after they found and treated it at 30 weeks (I think it came back).

anyways......so here I am again with boy #2, playing the wait and pray game. On 17p, biweekly cervical length checks and will start biweekly Ffn tests next Monday.

anyone else dealing with this???

Alison

Welcome!!

Yep, still here. Not getting my cervix checked at all though :( They're not doing an FFN either

I started myself on magnesium supplements to help calm the contractions and it seems to have worked - I still get them but less frequently. Which reminds me - I have to take this morning's dose.

I had an IU for a good bit of my pregnancy. Things settled down after 36 weeks actually and now here I am... My due date is tomorrow. I think staying hydrated is extremely helpful!

what country are you in Alison? Sorry to hear about your IU - wouldn't wish it on anyone! It's great that they're checking you regularly.

i am still here as well. Hope you are ok Alison. Tigergaille, wow, you have made it, good luck with your birth. My contractions have completely gone, completely fine. I thnk what helped me was the bedrest and twice daily pelvic floor exercises. I hope this helps you Alison.
Emerald, nice to hear that you are also well.
Readyornot, how are you getting on with your baby?
I am due for my 4th section in about 7 weeks 3 days. I have had it confirmed that my fourth baby is girl number 4. my husband has been outruled by girls. At least my baby has made it to a safe stage. I am 30 weeks plus 2 days, never thought I'd get this far.
Hope all you ladies are ok, wish you best of luck. Sending you all hugs X

Emerald, have you tried the liquid Floradix Magnesium? Someone on another site said it worked really well and I just ordered mine. How far along are you, boy or girl? Why aren't they doing cervical checks for you? I have my next ultrasound this Friday, so hoping it is good news!

Tiger, that is so awesome you've made it so far!! Let us know how the delivery goes. I've heard labor tends to be shorter for us with IU. My first was only 3 1/2 hours from the time they gave me pitocin to his arrival!! Crazy!

Readyornot, I'm in the US, and my docs have all been great so far :)
You must be getting close to your due date, right? How has your IU been now? It seems like things settle down after 36weeks for those that get there...I wonder if that's because it isn't stressful anymore-I mean the baby could come anytime and be ok at that point.

Baby321, I cannot believe you have no more IU??!! That's wonderful!! What pelvic floor exercises did you do? Are you referring to kegels or something else? I'm glad you're in the safe zone. I have a calendar where I cross off each day with a fat red marker! Lol. I can't wait to hit 29/30 weeks!!

Soooo glad I found this thread! Prayers for all our babes!
Alison

Readyornot, just actually looked at your signature line thing...congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->