Irritable Uterus

qmama

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
It is driving me crazy. I am also being checked every 2 weeks due to possible incompetent cervix. The contractions aren't causing any changes to the cervix which is measuring ok at the moment. I am just sick of the pain. I try to relax but it is very difficult with a 2 year old. I also worry that they will change to proper contractions and become labour and i will have another preterm, DS was born @ 30 weeks.

Anybody suffered from the same and managed to deal with it.

I'm going through something very similar. I had my 20 week scan on friday and was told that my cervix is very short. So I'm on hospital bedrest. I haven't had any contractions and I'm not dilated. The doctors are just concerned that I may go into preterm labor if my cervix gets shorter. I'll be confined to bedrest until I give birth, I can only go to the bathroom and back to bed. But its all worth it to protect my baby boy. I have a scan today to check my cervix. I hope everything works out for you. This is my first pregnancy, and I have faith that everything will work out for my son.

Hi,

Yes me too:blush:. I had period like pain at 21 weeks and when I went to the hospital they found the cervix was soft and thinning, so I was admitted, given meds to stop the contractions and have been mostly resting since then. If I'm quiet the contractions stop, but with walking they devlop into a pretty regular 5 minute pattern.

However, I'm 33 weeks now and baby is sitting safely inside still, so I think a lot of the contractions post that first episode have just been braxton hicks. Once I get to 34 weeks I'm planning to quit being so cautious as the baby has an excellent chance then, and I need to get a bit of condition back before labour:winkwink:

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but it might be worth a try: My uterus flops forward quite a lot and sits very low - it is even now only just higher than my bellybutton, and I suspect this might be contributing to the irritability. I've found if I pack my tummy in fairly firmy (with a high over the bump tights and tricot/licra bump band) that I get fewer braxton hicks and less back pain. Also giving a bit of extra support during a contraction - ie holding my bump up a bit makes it more comfirtable.

All the best to you, and my heart goes out to the second time mums who just can't rest because of baby 1:hugs:

X C X

Hi guys - I have this as well and am on hospital bedrest (see my post on the incompetent cervix thread). Would be really interested to chat more - especially as I am bored in hospital all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->