Irritated Cervix -- bleeding

iakyri

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm freaking out again. I rushed to the doctor yesterday because my spotting increased and because there were blood clots in it. They did an exam and ultrasound. Baby was fine but she said my cervix was irritated. Things were fine for the rest of the day/night but this morning I'm having heavy spotting again and it's coming out with red tinges.

...Advice? Anyone had this problem? I'm 8 weeks 2/3 days and this is my first pregnancy. I'm at work currently and can't up and leave again -- and I don't know if I should even bother calling my doctor???

Slightly freaking out. (Okay, not slightly)

I think it's worth keeping your doctor informed, though if you just had a scan yesterday and all was well, really the most they can advise is just taking it easy and keeping an eye on things. More than likely, it's nothing and it will stop soon and all will be fine. I had heavy bleeding when I was about 10 weeks, like heavy gushing running down the legs bleeding, and went in to get checked. They similarly couldn't find anything that might have caused it, but the midwife did mention it could just be that my cervix was irritated (because it was closed, so no sign the blood came from inside of my uterus, I guess). She did a transvaginal ultrasound, but not an actual exam, so really it was just a guess since they ruled out everything else. I do tend to have some irritation on my cervix (because of abnormal cell changes in the past, which are fine now, but I've also had two cervical biopsies, which has left a bit of scar tissue). An OB mentioned it last time I had a biopsy. I'm not really sure what that means, but I think certainly, it's possible that what it could be and that certainly could lead to some spotting and bleeding, even when all else is fine. Have you had sex recently? I think sometimes when they say 'cervical irritation', I think they mean maybe you had sex and it caused a bit of spotting, but without actually saying that. In my case, I hadn't had sex since the day we conceived, so wasn't a factor. Whatever it was, it stopped and I had a bit of spotting again when I was 16 weeks, but none after that. I had a perfectly fine, healthy pregnancy and my daughter is nearly 3 now. I'd just try to rest and take it easy and if anything major changes, be in touch with them again, but try to stay positive too because otherwise it seems like everything is fine.

Thanks so much for your reply! I did end up calling the doctor yesterday and she said something very similar -- just take it easy and don't freak out. Hard to keep from worrying, especially since I have anxiety normally and can't take my medicine >.>

Anyway, I really appreciate the reply! Focusing on breathing and distracting myself with funny pics and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->