Is 40 that bad?

I am at 6 weeks and going in for our first Ultra Sound tomorrow. I'm a little confused because the doctor told me due to my age I would have to have a Csection. Anyone ever heard of this??

that is absolute bull. find a new doc and fast cause that is just ridiculous! my mother delivered me BREECH, totally natural at 40 years old :)

I'm 41, and all is well with the baby, unfortunately, I have health issues myself, and will be getting sterilised so it doesn't happen again !!!

Not that I'm sorry I'm pregnant in the first place, we tried for long enough, just wasnt expecting it to happen at this age

Stats are only stats hun... and each situation can be SO different. We were told we only had about 5% chance at conception (with Fertility help!) and that never made sense to me personally... and heck, I got prego the 2nd IUI!!!! So stats only mean so much on a larger scale...

I'm also 37 (so above that 35 mark!!! Oh no!!! lol)-- and all has progressed just fine with me and baby... actually, better than some 20-something woman I know! They got way more sickness and were more miserable than me at this stage... and honestly, I figured I'd have a really hard time... but so far so good :) I know I have a while left, lol, but I'm just SO happy to even be prego! I can't imagine I'd feel bad regardless :)

You'll be just fine hun. Go with what your doctor tells you and enjoy every moment!!!

Best of luck! :)

Hi
I have just had my baby girl (7 weeks ago) and I just turned 47. I had a perfect pregnancy and the birth went well (albeit that I did need a little help i.e Ventouse but nothing went wrong).
You do hear so many scare stories.. I know I had them told to me on several occasions but my little girl's perfect in every way.
I do believe that we are looking after ourselves a lot better nowadays so that helps plus I have read that years ago it was perfectly normal for women in their 40's and 50's to have children and they didn't have the health care we do now.
I think it's wonderful and even though my new addition was a total surprise she's the best thing that has happened to me since my other two children arrived (25 and 23 years ago lol).
Good luck and stay positive.

Hi
I have just had my baby girl (7 weeks ago) and I just turned 47. I had a perfect pregnancy and the birth went well (albeit that I did need a little help i.e Ventouse but nothing went wrong).
You do hear so many scare stories.. I know I had them told to me on several occasions but my little girl's perfect in every way.
I do believe that we are looking after ourselves a lot better nowadays so that helps plus I have read that years ago it was perfectly normal for women in their 40's and 50's to have children and they didn't have the health care we do now.
I think it's wonderful and even though my new addition was a total surprise she's the best thing that has happened to me since my other two children arrived (25 and 23 years ago lol).
Good luck and stay positive.

Wow, that is brilliant, congrats to you!!

Hi Butterfly67
Thank you so much for your congrats.... it is brilliant and what's even nicer is that ( so far) I haven't had any negative comments from anyone about being 'older'.. i think that maybe people are accepting it far more again now..
xxx

I'm sure I won't even consider a 2nd baby until I'm at least 40. I don't think 40 is very old at all.

hi i just wanted to share the experiences of two of my mums friends. one of her work friends had her first child at 29 and then at 44 went on to have another child with her new husband and she says appart from not having the same energy for it , there was no major difference between the pregnancys, all healthy, no risks etc.

then there is her other friend who had her first baby at 21 and accidently fell pregnant at 40 and she misscarried at 18 weeks and the only explanation she was given was that there was a higher risk in miscarriage in women over 35 ,they couldnt find a cause from the post mortem, this woman smoked was stressed etc and to be honest is quite an old 40.

anyway what im getting at here is you just cant compare yourself to anyone else or anyone elses circumstances or what you read online(stats etc). im 21 and have a healthy baby boy and i have a friend whos 26 whos son has downs. these things happen to people of all ages, not just over 35s. i wish every1 a healthy pregnancy :flower:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->