Is and induced labour longer?

Cherry_bump

Mum and TTC
Reaction score
I'm booked in for induction on Monday, I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby, in 40+4 today.
My first labour after my waters breaking was 2 hours and 20 mins long.
As I'm being induced this time is it still likely to be a quicker labour than my first or will it take longer as I've heard if your induced its usually longer x

I was induced at 38 weeks on a Wednesday. Waters broke Thursday night and daughter was born 3hrs 50mins later :) they wanted to break my waters sooner on Thursday morning but the delivery suite was full!

I was induced and only had any pain for 2 hours before I delivered. It took 4 days from start to finish, but I wouldn't really call any of it "labor" until the 2 hours before delivery.

It depends entirely on teh person. I was induced, at 42 weeks and 2cm....................14 hours later I was only 4 cm and had an emergency c-section.

I put it down to being made to be sat on my arse not allowed to move. So if you can move then I think it will be shorter.

I think it completely depends on the woman, how far along you are and how ready your body is to deliver.

I was induced with my first at 39 weeks (for medical reasons), and my body was completely not ready to deliver. They tried everything over the course of 3 days and nothing worked, so I ended up with a Section.

I also know a lot of ladies who went in and had no problems with their inductions and things went quickly and smoothly.

I hope yours is one of the smooth and quick ones!! :flower:

I was induced at 41 weeks with my first. Went in on a Thursday night, and the whole process took until she came out at 2:30 pm Friday afternoon. I feel like it was kinda long, but I also pushed for well over an hour. Not a bad experience though, I think everyone is so different.

I was induced at midnight and had my baby girl at 10:45am, though in my notes it stated I was only in labour for 5 hours but I counted it from when my waters broke and I was in total agony which was at midnight...my pushing stage was a short 8 minutes and the afterbirth stage was only 10 minutes so even though it seemed long I was very quick at the end which was good in my opinion! :) good luck!

As someone else said everyone's different. I've also heard that being induced is longer but I think it depends how your induced if that makes sense?

I'm being induced next Friday, I have to go to the DAU on Monday for an internal, if I'm dialated and they think they can break my waters I need to go into the labour ward next Friday and they'll break them. If I'm not favourable I have to go in on Thursday and have prostin to soften and dialate my cervix. I'm hoping that if I go in on Thursday or Friday I will have LO by Friday evening/Saturday morning but who knows :lol: Good luck hun x

I was induced on the Friday, nothing happened. They tried again on the Saturday. My waters finally went on the Sunday and my daughter was born 6 hours later. I had the drip but my contractions went crazy on the initial dose so I didn't have any increases.

It depends, but chances it will be longer than when you went into labor on your own because your body isn't ready yet

I think it depends on how ready your body is to deliver.

With my first I was induced at 42+6 and 3 cm. It took a day and a half for her to come out. I had contractions the whole time but not regular, more like every 20-30 minutes. It wasnt until that next day after my 3rd dose that the contractions really started. Once they did it was every 2 mintues for 2 hours and daughter was born 30 minutes later. Even though technically was in labour for 1.5 days, the bad labour was only 2.5 hours with 30 minutes of pushing. I am at 40 weeks now and been 3 cm for the past 4 weeks. I go in Monday to get started with this one and hope it will go a little quicker to get to active labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->