Is anyone actually going to the gym?

emicakess

Reaction score
I started going to the gym 2-3 times a week a few months before I got pregnant. I know exercise is good for a healthy pregnancy and helps you lose weight post pregnancy. I really want to continue exercising but I have been feeling so physical crappy and tired. I've only gone to the gym once since I've known I was pregnant. :( Its anyone going to the gym? Is anyone feeling the same as me?

Hey Hun,
I went for the first couple of weeks after I found out and planned to keep going. I had a slight bleed at 8 weeks and the docs told me to rest up- I haven't gone since! I have been really tired over the past few weeks so really haven't fancied going.
Fingers crossed all goes well I am going to go back in the 2nd tri but won't do anything too strenuous.
I go with a friend to the gym and have told her I have hurt my back so won't be going for a few weeks! :dohh: xx

My first pregnancy I felt too sick in the first trimester but started again at about 14 weeks. I used to do high impact exercise like spinning & combat classes but has to tone it down to power walking & swimming. I managed to keep it up to 20 weeks but it got too hard after that! This time round I will have to make do with walking as now have a one year old & am back at work but he keeps me very busy, lol!

My last pregnancy I kept going up until about 8 weeks and then it got closer to Christmas and I was so exhausted I gave up but went back at about 14 weeks until I was 7 ish months. This time I had bleeding early on so gave up at 8 weeks again and started back at about 4 months and managed to keep going until 8 months. My first labour was really easy which I'm thinking was all to do with keeping active

I've been dragging myself to the gym, and every time it has made me feel much better - bit less tired for a few hours afterwards and it's killed my nausea too for a little while.

I'm not going nuts, I'm just doing a sort of watered down version of the sort of stuff I've done for years and so far, so good :)

I'm planning to keep going right up to the end, and to stay as active overall as I can, as george83 says, I'm sure it will make the labour easier - that's what keeps me going!

X

Going to the gym just isn't working for me at this point. Having to get ready and make extra time to go there and then not to sound like a curmudgeon but the social aspect just doesn't fit for me right now. If I can throw on my sweats and get my arss out the door for a walk I'm feeling good. I was swimming in our pool but we don't have a heater so that ended shortly after we got pregnant. I'm saving to get some solar panels to heat it and then I may just never leave the house lol. I can swim around like a manatee and no one even needs to see my muffin top lol. Until then walking and housework have been my main sources of exercise.

Hi I have been going twice a week through out my pregnancy. My GP thought it was a great idea (I have a heart problem so exercise is really important for me) at 8 weeks I booked a session with a personal trainer and we went through what was safe for me to do. I really enjoy it and find it slightly amusing when you see people looking trying to work out if you are fat or pregnant (there is no hiding it now).
Some weeks I have found it hard due to the tiredness but it does make me feel better. I will probably stop at about 35 weeks but I will be on mat leave then and will probably swim instead. With my membership I can freeze it for £5 a month for up to 6 months so I will do that for a couple of months. When LO is born they have a nursery that takes babies from 6 weeks but the best thing is if you want to swim they will bring baby into the pool for you at the end of your swim to get baby use to the water from really early on. But in means that you are getting a proper swim and not getting undress etc for just 10 minuets which is long enough for a LO.

Thanks for all of your stories ladies. If anything I am going to start a routine again in the second tri, right now its exhausting enough chasing around atleast four 2 year old 6 hours a day. Lol. And house work as pandi said. I want to start taking walks before my second tri though.
It really sucks because I love being in water but I don't know how to swim. So by my second tri my only option is walking. I told OH to take me off the membership for now because what's the point of going to the gym to walk lol

Just a bit of a warning, I have no more energy in my second tri than i did in my first so if that is what you are waiting for it might not happen. Not being negative, just so you are aware. I found going to the Gym helped my energy levels. Also helps with my sciatica now at 21 weeks X

I feel that the days I feel the worst are the days I really need that walk/run! I haven't gone jogging in 3 weeks due to ice... There's no gyms really where I live (maybe one in the next town) so everyone jogs outside... Much respect because I've seen people out therein -25c -15f weather! I just didn't want to risk slipping but since the sidewalks are clear today, I'm gonna do it despite feeling like crap today. One thing that a simple walk helps with, I think, is that you don't have to drive to a gym and go through that bother. It seems a lot more doable to say "look I'll just walk ten minutes" than an hour trip to the gym. And once you're out there, that ten minutes turns into 30!

Good luck! I'm waiting on that second tri energy boost too....hopefully it shows its face!

I started going to the gym 2-3 times a week a few months before I got pregnant. I know exercise is good for a healthy pregnancy and helps you lose weight post pregnancy. I really want to continue exercising but I have been feeling so physical crappy and tired. I've only gone to the gym once since I've known I was pregnant. :( Its anyone going to the gym? Is anyone feeling the same as me?

I honestly have not. I wanted to get a great prenatal pilates/yoga DVD and a 45 minute walk daily. Since I bled a few times, Im watching what I eat and drinking craploads to keep my hydrated. When I know everything is good I will start up with exercising.

Oh and I have had some bleeding too which has prevented me from bring too physical also. Well I feel lazy now. :/

But you ladies have helped me feel more motivated. Thank you :)

I'm feeling really uninterested in exercising. But you ladies have helped me feel more motivated. I am going to start bellydancing and keep doing my squats and try to go on a long walk everyday.

I'm feeling really uninterested in exercising. But you ladies have helped me feel more motivated. I am going to start bellydancing and keep doing my squats and try to go on a long walk everyday.

Belly dancing! That sounds so fun! :)

I had a bleed at 7 + 5 and just took a week off. Don't get me wrong I'm no gym bunny but 2 X 50 gym sessions make a big difference to me X

Cool! What neat exercise ideas people have. It's so exciting to see ways people find to stay active. Hopefully emicakess you can find something that works for you too!

I think I have spoilt myself and taking advantage of this pregnancy.

Before TTC, I was very regular and careful about what i eat. But when started TTC and with job stress, I became lazy and piled on lbs.
Now, reading not-to-loose-weight and no-workout-in-pregnancy topics make me feel happy.

Though my doc advised to walk,swim and stay active. I feel so lazy in this cold weather to go to gym.
Once I went for 15 mins, was breathless so soon and get so tired. My back hurts even if i do shop or window shop for little longer which is my fav thing.

But reading all you girl's, I think i should also start workout.

I think I have spoilt myself and taking advantage of this pregnancy.

Before TTC, I was very regular and careful about what i eat. But when started TTC and with job stress, I became lazy and piled on lbs.
Now, reading not-to-loose-weight and no-workout-in-pregnancy topics make me feel happy.

Though my doc advised to walk,swim and stay active. I feel so lazy in this cold weather to go to gym.
Once I went for 15 mins, was breathless so soon and get so tired. My back hurts even if i do shop or window shop for little longer which is my fav thing.

But reading all you girl's, I think i should also start workout.

This is exactly how I feel! I know that I want to have a healthy pregnancy so I will be active through this pregnancy, its just right now there are a few things preventing me. I agree with the window doing, I get so exhausted and it of breath so quickly. Same with when I am cleaning.

I was just about to go on a walk today as it was a little warmer today (see, you girls did help motivate me :haha:) but right before I left, I went pee and had a bad gush of brown blood on the TP, after that I had mild but uncomfortable cramping. I decided it would be safer to rest. This bleeding is another thing preventing me from doing anything except work and clean.

Very early days here but I'm getting active. Had early pre-eclampsia the first time and exercise is the only thing that might stave it off this time. Trying to go for a hilly walk or swim every day, plus yoga, its really hard to exercise when you already have one because they have to be with you all the time so the gym is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->