Is anyone actually going to the gym?

That's strange because my midwife said that theory of the 14p bpm was disproven. That doesn't mean she was saying sprint until you pass out. Make sure you can still talk while exercising but with how much a resting heart rate varies per person, I can't even imagine never exceeding 140 bpm.

Then again, I'm not an ob and you might have a history that made him say that. Just my two cents is all.

That's how I feel, especially if these are workouts that I've been doing for years. I am going to have a chat with my OB about it at my scan on Friday. Thanks for your thoughts.

Now that I'm 2 whole days without nausea and/or vomiting I'm gonna try getting back into the swing of things. Although the next couple of days are going to be cold so I might just sit around drinking hot chocolate and watching hulu shows. haha

I have the guilt because I haven't worked out in a few days. :( The sickness/feeling ill is kicking my butt lately. I feel like I should try and soldier through it and at least do some squats tomorrow.

I have an OB nurse assigned to me through my insurance and she also told me that I can do what I normally would do, except that I cannot let my heart beat get above 140 bpm... hmmmm. I will ask at my appointment on Wednesday too. I wasn't planning on doing anything more than fast/inclined walking, but not sure where that 140 bpm came from. I think mine would get above that quite often at the gym.

I have an OB nurse assigned to me through my insurance and she also told me that I can do what I normally would do, except that I cannot let my heart beat get above 140 bpm... hmmmm. I will ask at my appointment on Wednesday too. I wasn't planning on doing anything more than fast/inclined walking, but not sure where that 140 bpm came from. I think mine would get above that quite often at the gym.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to go above that threshhold. I had to go to a walking pace of about 18:00 per mile to stay under it. Since you're on an incline, you may reach that a little faster than I did. Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I get any follow-up news on that rule.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to go above that threshhold. I had to go to a walking pace of about 18:00 per mile to stay under it. Since you're on an incline, you may reach that a little faster than I did. Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I get any follow-up news on that rule.

I believe it! It would be strictly walking, not too fast either...

Ok, it's been since before Christmas since I was able to work out properly (been having bleeds etc and forced to lie down alot) and today was my first day back in the gym. It felt amazing! I did 2 hours of slower cardio (keeping heartrate down). I did weights and some lovely stretching. Feeling like I deserve dinner tonight!!:bunny::dance::bunny:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->