Is anyone actually going to the gym?

I worked out today. Felt really strong during but afterwards I pretty much just collapsed.

Emicakess have you talked to a doctor about the bleeding? What did they say? I haven't had any so I haven't been afraid to exercise. I can imagine it's scary, though!!

Dinah- good point! I've had that thought before.

Earthmama- I bet! Atleast you got some exercise in, that's great!

Steph- Oh yes. It started at 5 weeks and I've been to the ER, seen my OB, and talked to countless nurses. I've had my hcg taken 3 times and 2 ultrasounds. It looks like everything is going good.. I still can't help but worry and when I do anything physical the bleeding gets heavier. I wouldn't mind getting my hcg taken again this week.

I have signed up for 3 noon hour classes at work from jan till March and I've been going to the gym 1-2 /week. I had a bleed Friday so I'm taking it easy until I get a scan Monday. Labour & recovery will be much easier if you keep in shape during your pregnancy but if it's at all a detriment then stop.
I used to be in the gym 3-5 / week and right now my legs feel like mush, I hate this feeling. But I want to keep this pregnancy as it was so so difficult for us to get to this point so just taking it easy for now. There's evidence that the circulation you get during exercise helps the brain development of the baby. You rush fresh oxygenated blood around when you work out and as long as you're supplementing with enough iron (iron sticks oxygen to each blood cell and helps prevent light headedness, tiredness and post partum depression in mom's) then you're helping fuel your workouts & baby development.

The daily hiit has really fantastic inspiring workout/ lifestyle info in their pregnancy section, if you like on fb they filter through with some great articles.
https://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/

I'm a regular exerciser and haven't been to the gym since my BFP on the 21st, but fully intend to return after the holiday period. I'm too tired/busy/full of food right now! I just can't imagine having the energy right now. I'm sleeping a good 12 hours every night, and could easily nap during the day too!

I haven't been since BFP and my membership expires on Tuesday. To be honest it took us too long to get to this stage for me to do anything I'm not comfortable with.

At the moment I'm too shattered when I get home from work and my boobs hurt too much to bounce lol

Plus I hate the gym and dragged byself before so don't miss it!

I'll probably do some swimming when I can face going out in the evening again.

I'm verrry early on in my pregnancy, but have had cramping since before my bfp (no blood)- which was made much more obvious on the treadmill... is that something to expect? did exercise make your cramping worse early on?

I was told to just listen to your body. If you're getting cramps you should probably try something different or wait till implantation is over. There's a lot of shock to your body on the treadmill have you tried the elliptical?

Yeah I heard to wait until after 6 weeks to start up my exercise due to my history of losses. Lots of women keep working out from bfp though and are fine. Nowadays when I work out I have a bit extra round ligament pain but don't notice stronger cramps.

I don't think taking a small break from exercising would hurt, if you're cramps get worse while exercising. Early pregnancy cramps are totally normal but I know nothing about them getting worst during activity... Im sure its fine :)

I went on a 20 minute walk this morning yay :)

My obstetrician advised me that there is no evidence exercise increases miscarriages, indeed because it increases blood flow it contributes to a healthy pregnancy. But nothing that promotes contact like netball, horse riding etc. Shame as I love to ice skate but I'll take a fall every few weeks and it's not worth it.

I went to the gym yesterday!! yay me!!! haha! My boobs are so sore... All I could do was walk, but I used ankle weights and walked at an inclne for 30 minutes. It made me feel a lot better :) My hubby probably won't let me do anything else - he thinks the baby will dislodge or something!!!

I also ordered a prenatal yoga DVD which I plan to do in the mornings before work (it is only 10 minutes)!

I have been attending a dance class once a week since about a couple months before my bfn until now. ( I am 9.5 weeks) I thought that I would have to stop because I was having occassional dark brown spotting when I used the restroom but it soon stopped so I am continuing on... I was young with my 1st (22) and very active, so my energy was endless..worked out, walked a lot, went out with my friends...felt pretty good inbetween naps. lol I did water aerobics with my second child and it was great from about 4 months until the end, as well as DVDs at home. I was too tired to do ANYTHING with my 3rd child as I was preggars with her TWO months after having our son. With this baby (my fourth and last) I will continue the dance class until the end probably since it is one day a week and do more walking. Not really as tired with this baby just Constant quesiness which is irritating when I can't ignore it. :)

Good job emicakess on the walk!! That's fabulous. Think I'll go on my own walk again soon :)

I gave myself a great workout today! I was also eating a grilled cheese sandwich while I did it...lol

Hey whatever gets the job done.

Hahaha there you go! I did the dishes at my work which requires me to go up and down strairs often for an hour. And I ate healthy today too! :)

I haven't actually been since finding out I'm pregnant, as its been Christmas holidays, and who goes to the gym on holidays?! :haha:

But come the new year, I hope to get back into it. I also have an elliptical, which I plan to use for 30 minutes each night, and also start up yoga once a week :happydance: I'm getting married in April, so would like to keep as fit as possible, otherwise I'd stick to a simpler plan :thumbup:

Although, I have a funny feeling MS will be having the final word :dohh:

If by "going to the gym" you mean dragging myself to the gym, then yes.

I find working out very frustrating. I am a runner and do strength training twice a week. When I was literally a few days pregnant, I ran my first half. Now, the OB is telling me not to allow my heart rate to go above 140. My hubby got me a heart monitor, and simply walking DOWN stairs puts me at 112. So I can't work out at a challenging intensity which I need to stay sane lol.

Oh, well. I'll do anything for a healthy baby.

That's strange because my midwife said that theory of the 14p bpm was disproven. That doesn't mean she was saying sprint until you pass out. Make sure you can still talk while exercising but with how much a resting heart rate varies per person, I can't even imagine never exceeding 140 bpm.

Then again, I'm not an ob and you might have a history that made him say that. Just my two cents is all.

I worked out yesterday...just focusing on strength training exercise on my arms and legs, no cardio besides walking right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->