Is anyone buying/got the Jane Rider Matrix pram travel system?

HollieQ

Reaction score
https://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo307/luciequk/hgt.jpg

more detail:
https://www.mothercare.com/eacute-M...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

I've just sold my wedding dress and that will pay for it:thumbup:, I know it's sooo expensive, i do hope to get it cheaper, wait for a sale somewhere or other lol, but I'd just like to hear from someone who has it/tried it/wants it too?

:flower:

ive been looking at this one 2 so b interesting 2 see what ppl think x

I like the jane slalom reverse :)

Only thing i'm not 100% sure on is the side facing car seat :wacko: never seen one in use yet

Haven't got it but it looks like a great pram. I like the car seat, is that one thats also a carrycot too so baby can lie down in the car? Plus the Jane are a good make too.

Also £699 is rather expensive but ok. I thought it was going to be like £900 or something. lol.

Haven't got it but it looks like a great pram. I like the car seat, is that one thats also a carrycot too so baby can lie down in the car? Plus the Jane are a good make too.

Also £699 is rather expensive but ok. I thought it was going to be like £900 or something. lol.

Heehee that's what i said to my dh, "it could be like a grand, but it's not, it's much cheaper!" lol.

Do you know i'm not sure about the car seat, in one picture it's lying flat, which i love, in the other it's not, unless it's adjustable?! I really need to go in to the shop to check it out don't I, lol :wacko:

You get a normal car seat but can also use the carrycot in the car. You strap baby into carrycot and it fixes in across back seat in car. Will get them to show us how it works first. Just like idea don't need to keep moving baby from carrycot to car seat in December when it's cold. Baby can stay cosy :)

Heehee that's what i said to my dh, "it could be like a grand, but it's not, it's much cheaper!" lol.

Do you know i'm not sure about the car seat, in one picture it's lying flat, which i love, in the other it's not, unless it's adjustable?! I really need to go in to the shop to check it out don't I, lol :wacko:

It really does look like a pram/carseat unit which are a new idea but seems really handy so you don't have to move baby from car seat to pram if your going to be out for a long time.
Do you know if they stock it in a mothercare near you? I would be straight over there having a play haha :haha:

You get a normal car seat but can also use the carrycot in the car. You strap baby into carrycot and it fixes in across back seat in car. Will get them to show us how it works first. Just like idea don't need to keep moving baby from carrycot to car seat in December when it's cold. Baby can stay cosy :)

Ahh right, thanks for clearing my confusion up! Yeah I'd like to see how it works too, it sounds great, agree with you, great that you don't need to keep swapping baby over! x

Mind saying all that this is my favourite at the moment but I have had 2 others I loved before this one so will probably change my mind again :) It's the first one me & oh have agreed on :)

I went to play with one of these just last week. It's brilliant.

The matrix car seat is actually adjustable so you can have it laid down or sat up like a normal car seat. In the lie flat position it'll take up two seats in your car but sat up it just takes up one like a normal car seat. You can adjust it with baby in. The car seat certainly isn't light but it's not much heavier than a normal one given what it does.

You can also get a 'normal' car seat called the Strata or a car seat carrycot that doesn't adjust called the Transporter.

The pushchair folds pretty small as the back wheels sort of tuck under.

We can't decide between this one or a cameleon but we think we'll go with the Rider as you can fold with the seat still attached, the car seat is brilliant and you don't need adaptors for the car seat. My friend is always forgetting her adaptors so is then stuck carrying the car seat. Nightmare!

Hi there Clairealfie

I hope you dont mind me asking but I have been looking everywhere to find somewhere i can go to have a play with one of these!! I have been through yellow pages and in a zillion shops in the north east.... please please please tell me that it was somewhere around here you went to see it!!

Thanks

Nat

I haven't seen this pram before. I love that the car seat can adjust to lie flat as it is not very good for a baby to be in a car seat for too long so this seems like the perfect solution. Will need to go have a wee play with it.

Hi annonymous80 the Rider and some other Jane pushchairs are available in Baby Onboard in Bishop Auckland. If you've never been there's one main shopping street and the baby shop is at the less busy end near Morrisons (park there)

Sorry meant to add the owner is lovely and very knowledgable we've been in twice.

There's a shop in Middlesbrough Wh Watts but they only had the Jane Slalom and Ultimate when I had a look there.

I've got this travel system, it's at mil's ATM so I've not had a play with our one but was very impressed with it when I had a play in the shop. It is expensive but my sil looked on line and found it for 550 on kiddisave.com they said it could be 2-4 weeks for delivery and turned up less than a week after ordering. It's a great travel system, both me and oh are over 6ft so were having trouble finding one for height which this is great for. Altho oh has a small car and I don't drive so with it being easy to fold small especially on public transport it's ideal for us.

:happydance: yay!!! finally somewhere - only problem is its MILES away!! haha!! I dont know if you have bought yet, I am 5 months gone so still a few to go but i love the jane range and until tomorrow tesco has 25% off online on some of the travel systems... so down from 600 to about 450!! So defo worth looking at if your wanting one!!!

I love the 3 wheel version but the best package on there has 4 so I am just torn wether to sacrafice gaining a wheel for the £150 difference!!! hahah!!

I know I'm excited about ordering mine next week can't decide whether I want grey (papermoon) or green (Holland Green). Mothercare have got it at £509.99 at the moment as there's 15% off but I'm scared about ordering the car seat without checking it in my car first.

Oooo tesco have it that cheap WOOOOO! Only thing is Mothercare have 2 yr warrenty for what it's worth.

It's worth having a look at it but having said that it's every bit as good as I thought it would be. I loved it when I was TTC but having looked at others like Icandy and Bugaboo and been disappointed (rubbish in real life) I was worried the Jane wouldn't live up to my expectations but it does.

The fold is so much easier than anything else we've tried and I like that you can do it with the seat on or off. I love the fact you don't need car seat adaptors, I know it's not much of a big deal but I know I'd forget them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->