• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is anyone buying/got the Jane Rider Matrix pram travel system?

Yes I love the whole carrycot / carseat thing as I dont think I am going to bother with a moses basket for how long they are used!! lol!! We have looked online and in shops and havnt found anything that compares (even though we havnt even seen it in real life!!!) lol!!

I love the green valley and the moon one, so will definately be one of those!! I am not sure what warrenty etc you get with it, but it will be manufacturer rather than store anyway so i imagine it should be the same as standard... maybe!! lol!!

You mentioned that it was ideal as you guys are tall... my partner is but me not so... is the handle adjustable? lol!! And also what did you think about the 3 wheel vs 4 wheel?

Woooooooooo!! So glad I found this post - just signed up and have NO idea how to use the site but hopefully will learn quick!!

ps. sorry about SA length post! its pram excitement!!! lol!!

Nat :haha:

The handle is adjustable, my mum at 5"3 was fine pushing it around the shop.

We've seen the 3 wheel Slalom R and the 4 wheel Rider but no where has the new Trider in stock yet (apparently there's going to be one at the Manchester Baby Show). The Slalom is good if you're going off road and the handbrake is nice but it's much bulkier and more awkward to collapse than the Rider. I would only go for the slalom if I was going for really off road walks. There's good suspension on the Rider so I think it would cope with reasonable off roading.

The new Trider looks identical to the Rider but has three wheels not four and doesn't quite fold down as small (the front wheel is big) but I think there's only about 5cm in it so not much. It's meant to be more off roady than the Rider but I guess you have to weigh this up with instability up and down kerbs/steps.

Wow I can ramble can't I!

The only other pushchair I love is the Bugaboo Bee but I don't think it's cosy enough for a winter baby and was harder to collapse than the Rider and almost the same size!

I just recall my sisters prams with her little boy and girl, she had the 3 with the boy and it was SOOOO much easier to handle! I also have a thing for big wheels and on a 4 wheeler theres always 2 smaller ones!! haha! all these little things we have to look out for eh!! haha!!

I do like the trider formula but for 800 i think I will pass - considering both the other ones are equally as nice! Iv noticed there are different car seats come with different prams on different websites too - have to make sure its defo the carrycot carseat that comes with the one i buy! I love that setup! haha!!

:haha:

what you are are looking for is the Trider Matrix.

The Trider Strata comes with a standard sitting car seat (although still good)
The Trider Matrix comes with the carrycot car seat that can be used laid down or sat up.
The Trider Forumla comes with the standard Strata car seat and a Transporter carrycot which is a bulkier lay flat car seat which doesn't sit up. Honestly I've no idea why anyone would get this combination when the Matrix will do both.

You can get the Trider Matrix for £600 which while still expensive it isn't quite as bad as 800!

Your probably right! perfect combo! But i can get the unlimit matrix for 450 and the only difference is the wheel! haha! The whole range looks and sounds fab! Everywere I have rang to try and see one of these say they order them and although they dont have them in store, they are excellent prams but arent stocked as they are a 'premium product' lol!! Im sure either way babba will be in alot more comfort than me! hahaha!!

:thumbup:

the shop near me is doing the rider plus the transporter carry cot, for a good price she has it on ebay, would you like a link??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jane-Rider-Moonlight-transporter-carry-cot-/160626408483?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item2566147c23#ht_546wt_698

i think she has a few more u as well have a nosey under other items........

i was gonna buy it but my car says no

this is also a bargin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JANE-RIDER-TRAVEL-SYSTEM-LTD-EDITION-ROSE-EX-DISP-/200635323414?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item2eb6cc1416#ht_1607wt_698

Well guys, rightly or wrongly - I ORDERED one and it will be here within a week!! lol - just hope i like it as much as I think I do!! haha!!

I will keep you posted :p

Nat :haha:

Haha I ordered my Jane Rider on Tuesday night too woooooooo! Which one did you go for in the end?

Hehe i went for the jane rider unlimit matrix in moonlight! Need to get the changin bag and footmuff now too hehe :) what about u which did u choose? Cant wait for tuesday del day wooo hehe x

After much deliberation over colour we went for Jane Rider Matrix in paper moon (pale grey). I'm not going to bother with the changing bag as I really want a pacapod but the Jane footmuffs are brilliant and huge, we decided the hubby would be able to fit in it. There are poppers to half the size as well.

If you go on kiddiecare.com they've just posted a load of new Jane videos, a great one of fitting the Matrix chair, one of the footmuff and I'm pretty sure there's a new one of your Unlimit.

Not sure when our delivery is, Mothercare just said 5 or 6 days but that'll I'll get a tracking number. I'll post pictures once it arrives!

I originally wanted the matrix reverse by Jane Slalom but found it too heavy.
Have now bought the Graco Symbio which does parent facing in toddler age also, it's very light too and has suspension and air tyres so perfect for when we go out walking :)

Aww i havnt seen that? My unlimit has "eventually" arrived though and im loving it! The carrycot/carseat is fairly heavy to carry but i dont plan on doing much of that! I love the whole thing and just keep looking at it as seems sooo strange owning a pram...i keep thinking its not mine! Imaginr what i eill be like with a baby :p !! X

Well mine arrived at 6:50pm last night woooo! I've taken some photos so I'll post them later but initial thoughts are the colour seems to be darker than the internet (as was the green when we saw it in the shop), the car seat/carry cot is not as heavy as I thought but the chassis seems a bit heavier. MIL thought it was marvelous that all the padding and hoods come off to wash, I said this was pretty normal but apparently 'not in her day' LOL.

Would anyone mind putting a picture if it folded up on here. I am really intrested in seeing a Jane but the nearest shop is an hour away so don't want to make the trip unless it seems worth it.
Thanks x

Wooo glad urs came too!! Must hve been jane delivery day! I cant work out how to upload pics off my iphone or i defo would!

My colour seems what i expected! I like the wheels better than i thought i would too so thats great!! Lol!!

Folded up ins tiny but i cant lie it down in my boot as the back wheels r huge!!! I have to take parcel shelf out and stand it on side but that dtill leaves plenty of shopping bag space ;-) oh and i have a zetec fiesta (for boot size purposes) !!

I love that u can remove everything to wash..didnt likr seeing the carrycot was lined with polystirene but probably most are really!! X

the rider fitted in my ford KA with the parcel shelf off bout i found it too much of a hassle, i wanted something fast and easy to load......

i'll be amazed it their is a boot this doesn't fit in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"