is anyone doing the paleo/caveman diet?

MrsO1987

Reaction score
I have been researching this diet over the weekend and have started today. Is anyone else doing this and want to keep in touch with tips and recipes? X

Good luck!! Its very strict - stricter than a vegan diet even!!

I don't right now while breastfeeding (I have oats in my diet) but yes, I normally do and have for years. It feels amazing, it's so healthy, it can be a bit $$ for the amount of meat and fresh vegetables but once you get the hang of it and learn to butcher yourself, it can be even cheaper. Do you have Cordain's book?

I haven't bought any books yet. What is it called? Is it worth buying?
I have just got bits of info from the internet so far.
Im hoping to lose weight (quite a bit!) And to feel heathier and fitter. And to help my chances of ttc.

How long have you been doing the diet, what made you start and do you have any favourite recipes or websites that I would find useful?Sorry for all the questions! Ha ha x

I haven't bought any books yet. What is it called? Is it worth buying?
I have just got bits of info from the internet so far.
Im hoping to lose weight (quite a bit!) And to feel heathier and fitter. And to help my chances of ttc.

How long have you been doing the diet, what made you start and do you have any favourite recipes or websites that I would find useful?Sorry for all the questions! Ha ha x

Oh no problem, I love chatting about it! :)

Cordain's book is the 'original' which talks about the research behind why Paleo is geared towards optimal human health & development. It's a bit science-y but well worth the read.
https://thepaleodiet.com/

I've read the book, I recommend ordering it. I have followed it generally for years, although not during my pregnancies and not while breastfeeding. Mind you, I still generally followed the principles, I just added some whey protein/peanuts blah blah little things. But overall, most of what I cook follows it.

Once this baby is done breastfeeding, I'm back on it. I'm quite into fitness and Paleo is very popular among athletes.

My favourite website (she has books as well)
https://everydaypaleo.com/

Good luck with TTC! :)

Thank you very much for the info. I have tweaked the diet slightly too....I am having a bit of milk-i couldn't get through the day without a couple of cups of tea!! Ha ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->