Is anyone eating dates in the last month of pregnancy?

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989

I've read it can help with a more efficient labour.. anyone giving it a try?

I'm going to! My MIL, told me it helps out tremendously with labour and I love dates so why not.

I went from closed cervix and no effacment to having my baby in my arms within 6 hrs just from eating a whole pineapple. Never tried date fruit but pineapple worked for me. That was with my first child. 2nd child sex did it. 3rd child sex again. This time I'm doing both as soon as I turn 37 weeks it's on! Lol

I don't remember hearing that one. I do remember hearing about pineapple though. I'm still nursing, so I don't feel the need to try extra stuff. I do like dates though, so they may end up in my diet here and there.

I've never heard this before, but since I love dates, why not?

when I was nearing week 40 with my dd my grandmother told me to eat a few dates every day. I actually completely forgot. but I don't think she meant I'll go into labor but that it can help with labor. I love dates but I don't eat them daily. but I should as they're sweet and make a great dessert anyway.

I ate them in the last 6 weeks of my 3rd pregnancy after hearing about that study. My labour was pretty quick at 38 weeks, baby was born 2.5 hrs after my water broke and out in 3 pushes. My first 2 labours were spontaneous at 39 weeks so who knows if it helped. Can't hurt to try tho :)

i ate pineapple core when i was ovulating & i totally believe it helped with implantation. so i'll totally be trying pineapple when the time comes! i haaaate dates, though. but who knows!

Yes absolutely, i think its worth a try, if you find them yummy, ive been eating them quite a lot, as just found some in cupboard, yum yum...baby still not here though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->