Is anyone else animal-broody?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
This sounds crazy.... but I'm feeling soooo broody... for a cat :rofl: I really want to adopt a cat from the RSPCA/Cats Protection, I get all teary thinking about a possible cat out there that could need a loving home which I could provide (I sound crackers :haha: ). I'm currently on Mat leave til September so it would be a perfect time to get a cat. I just cant persuade OH to agree.

Anyone else want a pet but finding it hard to persuade OH? Any tips to get him to change his mind? :winkwink:

Me... I've badly wanted a dog for a long, long time. For both me and for my baby to grow up with :cry: :haha: :dohh:

I'm cat broody too! I live with my mum and she'll never agree to another cat :( I keep thinking of all the cats out there, and how my cat would love a little friend :haha:

Me! We currently have a 7 year old miniature dachshund and a 4 year old ginger persian cross. Our dachshund has a weak back (she trapped a disc which nearly ruptured a year ago), she has severe anxiety and hates new people and she also has epilepsy which can be triggered by anxiety! She has an epileptic fit at least once a month and is now on medication for the rest of her life but it's not working and the vets have warned us it could just keep getting worse. My cat has bladder problems so if he gets stressed the lining of his bladder thins and his urine burns the inside of his bladder so he is on life long medication to calm it down and extra medication for if it flares up.....Yet I still would love another dog and/or cat!!

Our animals are as much a part of our family as my DH and DS, they frustrate me but they also make me laugh and they are so good with DS and they put up with a lot from him.

I know it makes sense for us not to have anymore due to us both working but to me they add something more to our family, it's chaotic but I love it :haha:

I am pretty much always puppy broody :) We have a labrador ans a Welsh springer spaniel and absolutely no room for another....but I still can't help wanting another. If I won the lottery I would buy land and open my own dog rescue!

We have a big fat, loving, sweet cat you can have! :haha: We call him our porch kitty- cause he pretty much lives on our front porch, then wanders around (close by) to lay in the sun or check out the neighborhood. He's very chilled.

Probably can't ship him that far though. hehe. Sorry no advise on how to get hubby to change his mind- maybe just explain the reasons you want one, then table the subject for a bit and let him think about it? IDK. I've never been a cat person- I've wanted a little dog off and on for some time- but not lately- I have enough on my plate between work, hubby, kiddo's etc... we are lucky our cat is so low maintenance ;)

Me! I rescued a cat in November from cats protection she has been a handful due to a use previously but now she's settled I am desperate for another cat. I posted about it on fb, I'm pretty sure people think I'm a little insane.

Oh says no. Lol.

ME! A thousand times me.

My dog (in the profile pic) died in January after 17 years in our family. She was living with my dad before she died and I miss her terribly (even got tears in my eyes writing this). I'd do anything to get a new dog.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will be getting one for a long time. I'd rather get a rescue dog than a puppy and with a baby on the way I think it's going to be a few years before I would feel comfortable letting a dog with an unknown personality live in our house.

I've made OH promise that if we ever find a dog/cat in need outside we are allowed to keep it. That would just be fate.

Im always puppy broody and have a list of dogs I will have at some point including my 'one day' dog for when LO is older, but just don't have the space right now, as someone else said if I won the lottery I would buy a house with loads of land and have my own rescue but knowing me none of the dogs would ever leave :haha:

ME! I am desperate for a cat. I have had one all my life, I got my precious kitty called Figaro when I was four and she passed away when I was 22 *cry*
3 years on, my cat broodyness is reaching dangerous heights. This sounds silly, but I don't feel complete without a cat!
I live in a flat though, so it wouldn't be fair to get one. The minute I move into a house I'll be straight down the rescue centre!

We have a big fat, loving, sweet cat you can have! :haha: We call him our porch kitty- cause he pretty much lives on our front porch, then wanders around (close by) to lay in the sun or check out the neighborhood. He's very chilled.

Probably can't ship him that far though. hehe. Sorry no advise on how to get hubby to change his mind- maybe just explain the reasons you want one, then table the subject for a bit and let him think about it? IDK. I've never been a cat person- I've wanted a little dog off and on for some time- but not lately- I have enough on my plate between work, hubby, kiddo's etc... we are lucky our cat is so low maintenance ;)

Gah, if only you could mail cats :rofl:

MrsPear, I do hope one day to just "find" a cat whilst out and be able to adopt it. Not found one yet... There are a lot of cats on our street, I think if one of them had kittens it would be rude of me not to have one :haha:

OH still not budging. But I can ask the landlord if we are allowed a cat (hes coming round anyway to service the boiler). So if he says no I think I will move :cry:

Gah, if only you could mail cats :rofl:

MrsPear, I do hope one day to just "find" a cat whilst out and be able to adopt it. Not found one yet... There are a lot of cats on our street, I think if one of them had kittens it would be rude of me not to have one :haha:

OH still not budging. But I can ask the landlord if we are allowed a cat (hes coming round anyway to service the boiler). So if he says no I think I will move :cry:

I "found" 2 cats in the past 3 years but both were online. They were really old kitties on gumtree that the owners didn't want anymore. Awww they were lovely, I felt like that was fate too. Once I saw them I felt I had to give them a home because I thought surely no one else is going to step forwards. One we had for 2 years before it died and one we had for about 3 months before it died. Finding a cat or dog on the street would be the absolute ultimate fate in my opinion! Bonus points if it was a really young one and a breed you want haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->